(1) Broken Beginnings

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry." Vicky said, "I'm just so worried about you. You're my little girl." Peyton blushed, but her mother took Peyton's hands in her own and sighed. "Your father is upstairs right now composing himself, he woke up this morning and just burst into tears."

Peyton raised her eyebrows. "Are you serious?"

"Nope." Vicky said, laughing. "But that'd be funny, wouldn't it?"

Peyton crossed her arms, pulling up the handle of her suitcase and beginning to drag it outside. "You're a sick woman, mother." she said, and then she rolled her eyes and dragged her case outside. 

Sebastian was there to meet her, and he took the case from her hand and shoved it into the car, pushing and pushing at it to fit. "After all the - years I've know you - Peyton - how do you have - so much - stuff?" 

Peyton smiled, whipping out her phone at the sound of notification. "Eh, I'm a collector." she said. 

"Of crap?" Sebastian asked, taking a deep breath as he shut the boot. Noah laughed from inside the car before getting out and wrapping an arm around him.

The two boys were going well - Sebastian was just the same, with his ash blond hair and twinkling hazel eyes, the only difference being that his features seemed more refined, and his jaw strong. His crutches were long gone and he was all well and healed, his posture straight again. Noah was also just as gorgeous, his chestnut brown hair and clean stubble giving him his signature sexy morning look, and his blue puppydog eyes shoving daggers into the hearts of millions. But he was all Sebastian's, and the two lads were just absolutely smitten with each other, even a year later. 

Smirking, Peyton glanced from them to her phone. She had a text from Jessica, her ex-girlfriend who was still, of course, in love with her. 

Hey Peyton you left yet?

Quickly, she type a reply back.

Not yet but will be soon. Just need to say goodbye.

When Jess had heard which university Peyton was going to, Jessica had switched immediately. She was staying in the dorms and had already settled in, but Peyton was moving in with Noah and Sebastian, who had already made themselves comfortable in the flat up near their university - Noah had gotten a job at the local secondary school and both Peyton and Sebastian had gotten part-time jobs. The boys were kind enough to bring Noah's car down to come and get Peyton and all of her things, and then were travelling back up.

Peyton shoved her phone into her pocket and looked back up to her gay buddies. "I'm pretty sure that's everything, you two. Thanks for coming down to get me."

"It's no problem, Peyton, you know that." Noah said, giving her a flash of his million pound smile. 

"Yeah," Seb said. "We wouldn't want our roommate to be uncomfortable." Sebastian gave a little squeal as he said 'roommate' and Peyton swore it was the gayest thing he's ever done - unless you count Noah.

Just then, Peyton's parents, Milo and Vicky, came out of the front door. Their postures were somewhat tense and sad, and Milo immediately wrapped Peyton in a hug. "You text us when you're settled in, okay?"

Peyton nodded. She loved how her dad completely enveloped her, like a warm fuzzy bear. "I love you, dad."

"I love you too, Peyton." he said, his arms wrapping tightly around her, his head resting against the top of her own. His eyes looked to Noah and Sebastian. "You boys look after her or I'll come down myself."

Noah took Sebastian's hand in his own. "We will, Milo. Don't you worry about a thing."

Milo smiled and released his daughter. Peyton barely had time to breathe before she was pulled into her mother's arms. "I love you, honey." she said, but then she leaned closer, her breath tickling Peyton's ear as she whispered to her. "And please try and meet a nice girl, yes? It'd be nice to see you happy again."