A Bittersweet Romance: Four

Four❀

   After the bell rang signaling that the school day was over. Delilah made her way out of class and down the hallway to the entrance of Hilton High. Walking out into the cool spring air, Delilah took a deep breath taking it in.

It was the little things she started to appreciate more and more as her final days were coming to an end. Whenever she could she would stop and smell the roses..literally

The beauty of nature always has fascinated her but even more so now. The vibrant colors of flowers make her smile, just as the bees collecting nectar from them do. 

You never appreciate things until their gone.

Sighing Delilah hikes her backpack on her shoulder and begins her walk home. As she walks past the soccer field she gets a glimpse of Brandon and he's team mates practicing. A deep blush makes an appearance on her face because of the display of his bare chest.

 A feeling of something builds up and makes her body heat up from head to toe.

Feeling an uncomfortable sensation between her legs. Delilah quickly looks away and continues her walk home. She places her earphones in her ears trying to deter herself from inapproparte images of Brandon.

Finally arriving home after her 15 minute walk, Delilah enters her house and sets her bag down in the foyer and makes her way to the kitchen. Keeping her earphones in, Delilah looks through the fridge for something she could eat because she skipped lunch. Deciding to eat a pear, she washes it off and takes a bite. While eating she takes a moment to listen to the song playing, 'We were never young' by Raised by Swans.

Although she isn't an advent listener to most of their songs this one in particular happens to be her favorite. How soft and slow the melody; even the words make it a beautiful song. She would love to hear it live at one of their concerts.

Suddenly, sadness takes over her emotions because she knows she won't have the chance to actually see them live in concert or even do anything she dreams of.

Tears begin to brim her eyes before she quickly blinks them away and composes herself. 'You will not cry Delilah.' 

She tells herself determined not to shed one tear. She knew feeling sorry for herself wouldn't do anything but bring her down. Closing her eyes for a moment, Delilah's breathing becomes steady and she relaxes.

Meowing brings Delilah out her thoughts and small smile begins to form on her face.

Fang and Echo come out of their hiding and rub up against her legs purring in delight. Taking a seat on the floor Delilah pets and kisses Echo on her cute little nose. And of course doing the same to Fang who places his paw gently on her face showing her that he loves her too. She missed them just as much as they missed her.

They were her babies.

Yawning, Delilah picks up her two cats and brings them to her bedroom closing the door behind her. After her long day, she decides to take a quick nap before she starts her homework.

Stripping out of her clothes and into more comfortable ones she dives into her warm duvet covers and snuggles with Echo and Fang before she falls into a dreamless sleep.

                                   *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*  

 Delilah awakes to the delicious aroma of Steak; her favorite. She quickly jumps out of bed and joins Fang and Echo who are already waiting at her bedroom door to be let out.

The trio run down the hall and into the kitchen to see Jane, finishing up dinner.

"Hey mom." Delilah greets her mother giving her a big hug from behind.