Silent Operator | The Accomplice (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

I didn't know how to answer that so I just smiled at him, "Thanks for coming though."

"My pleasure." He winked at me and gave my hand a kiss before handing me over.

To R3. He looks serious again but he relaxed once he got closer to me.

"Let's put this somewhere first. I know you're getting tired." He took the flowers in my hand and handed it to someone. And out of the blue produced another flower from somewhere and handed it to me. It's the only flower left in my hand since he put the others away. It is easier to dance now, without the weight of those.

"Thank you. Nangangalay na ko dun. Ang bigat pala."

"I know. I can see that." His dimple is on parole today, it seems. "Did you enjoy the dance with Jacob?"

"Okay naman. Same as the others."

"Good then. Let's have fun this time. I'm going to twirl you." I looked at him in surprise. We didn't rehearse this.

"Ready?" All I could do was nod. "1, 2 , 3"

And twirl I go. I laughed. Mas masaya nga naman kesa sa super formal dance I've been doing for most of the night.

"Enjoyed that?"

"Yeah!"

"I'm gonna dip you next. Ok lang?"

"Sure!"

After he dipped me, everyone was clapping. That was the highlight of the dance for me, I finally relaxed and had fun. I gave him a slight hug and the emcee interrupted us for the next part of the program. Holding my hand he guided me back to the seat designated for us up the stage.

"Do you need anything?" I shook my head. "You sure? Water?"

"No, I'm okay. Thank you."

"Just let me know if you need anything." I nodded again and gave him a smile. Napaka-attentive nya today. Siguro dahil unoccupied sya at wala ang Nintendo nya. Hahaha!

"You really look radiant today, Brie. I'm glad you're happy." And cheesy sya today. Like the name he calls me. I'm Sabrina or Sab to everyone, including him. Until last prom, but he only calls me that when no one else can hear. Well, granted that he doesn't really talk that much. I've never asked him why he had to call me by another name, I don't think he'll answer anyway. He'll probably just give me a shrug so I just let it be. I like the name actually.

The whole night R3 did not let me stand or walk without holding my hand. He barely let go of it, unless necessary. Okay lang naman, at least i know I'm safe and I won't just fall face first at some point. Arms over my shoulders. Hand on my back. Sobrang in character ang escort ko. Of all the times that he was very dismissive and a recluse to others, including me sometimes, I really see now how much he cares for the people important to him. Lalo na pag ladies -- to Ate Charm, Tita M and her sisters, Mom and Tita V, and now me. He treats me like a lady now.

She glanced this way

I thought I saw

And when we touched she didn't shudder at my paw

No it can't be, I'll just ignore

But then she's never looked at me that way before

The moment I walked through the door where she was prepping, I almost lost my breath. She's always been beautiful, even while we were growing up. She got her mother's face, and those distinct features from her dad which makes her stand out. On her own she's a beauty, but with all this she's almost ethereal.