Life of the Party

"Harmony, what is a camel doing in here?!" I heard Angel yelp as we all got everything together for a supposed annual Halloween Party. We were all running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Apparently, this King guy was meant to come and the whole firm was pretty ecstatic for his arrival. For some reason, I had a bad feeling about tonight. Little did I know yet, it would be a disaster.

I saw Lorne in the hallway singing, "having fun there Lorne?"

"Mornin honeybun! Yes, I am in fact," he sang happily. "What's made you so happy and energetic? You've been like this for a while now." I was interested. "I'll let you in on a little secret... I got my sleep removed." He whispered closely.  I was impressed but also concerned that would cause problems in the long haul. "Well, it looks damn good on you. No side effects?"

"Not at all! I feel amazing!"

"You've convinced me, maybe I'll do the same," I finished cheerfully as we went our separate ways. Everyone had been overworking ourselves around here and many of us weren't getting any sleep anyway. Maybe Lorne's way was a good alternative.

~

Witnessing the beginning hours of the party, it was easy to say that it was pretty dry. "This party sucks!" Spike stated in passing with a beer in his possession. Harmony was solo dancing, Fred and Weasley were at the snack bar constantly. Even though they weren't together (yet), it was nice to see them so close. Angel had been busy in his own way of discomfort, silently roaming the floor like a patrol officer.

I had been snacking on pretzels with my now third drink in hand, thinking over these last few weeks

I had been snacking on pretzels with my now third drink in hand, thinking over these last few weeks. Lorne was trying his best to get people amped for the party, and eventually, everyone started to have fun.

Within half an hour the room was booming and the dancefloor was packed. Even Spike was feeling the music, which was strange within itself.

"I guess the party is a success after all," I spoke as Lorne approached me again with another drink, as mine was soon to be empty

"I guess the party is a success after all," I spoke as Lorne approached me again with another drink, as mine was soon to be empty. "Yeah, it's incredible! Now we just gotta get you in the groove!" I laughed at this.