Chapter 16

Chapter 16:
Leave The Past Behind

Iwaizumi slowed the car to a halt when he found an empty parking space in the area. There was nothing but silence inside his car the whole drive, the only thing that made a sound was his buffering radio; but Oikawa turned it down, growing irritated with the chappy reception.

"What are we doing here?" Oikawa shoved his hands inside his Burberry trench coat. He huffed away the streaks of shiny, brown locks that fell over his eyes.

Iwaizumi ignored his inquiry as he opened the door for him. The brackish scent of saltwater assaulted Oikawa's nostrils, causing his nose to twitch. His eyes surveyed the place, nostalgia swooping over him.

Oikawa didn't notice the smile that crept up his face. His eyes were fully engrossed with the crowded and fun-filled theme park. He found himself chuckling when he saw the mascots roaming around the fun-fair's premises, lifting the mood sky high.

A sudden realization dawned on him and he shot a profane look at the man beside him. "We're not children anymore, we're supposed to be working!" Iwaizumi cringed a bit at Oikawa's expense. He took his hand, and gripped it tightly in his, causing the brunette to flush a lovely shade of pink.

"But we are working," he gloated.

"In an amusement park? Seriously." Oikawa took his hand back dismissively, as he clenched his jaw, slogging his way back to Iwaizumi's car.

"C'mon, Oi! Don't spoil the fun!" Iwaizumi chortled. He opened the door on Oikawa's side, the other man not paying attention to him. He was just staring aimlessly at one part of the park, his expression showing no signs of being gleeful.

"You said you want to know me more, right?" Iwaizumi sighed, "This is how I work. I clear everything inside my head, I let myself loose, in other words, I have fun."

"I don't want to go in there!" Oikawa was stubborn. He crossed his arms in front of his chest with so much force, Iwaizumi had to take a step back.

"Why are your eyes telling me otherwise, then?" Iwaizumi pursed his lips, imitating the expression Oikawa was showing. Oikawa caught a glimpse of this in his peripheral vision, not knowing whether he should feel irritated or just laugh at how cute Iwaizumi looked.

"I don't want to go in there!" He repeated, stomping his left foot on the accelerator with brute force, causing the car to jolt.

"Shittykawa!" Iwaizumi exclaimed in aghast. His mouth fell agape as the car ran past the bumper and into the grassy meadows.

Iwaizumi scampered towards his car, finally put into a stop. He was halfway there when a shuddering Oikawa came out of it and ran towards him, hugging him tightly as he blubbered softly on his chest.

"Sshh, you're okay, you're fine." Iwaizumi planted a soft kiss on top of Oikawa's head. He found himself smiling at the strawberry scent of his chocolate-brown locks. He was still nuzzled on his chest, his soft whimpers making Iwaizumi's heart twinge.

"Hey," He cupped Oikawa's face, leveling it with his own. Tears were still edging his eyes as Iwaizumi wiped them away. He planted another small kiss, this time on top of Oikawa's nose. "Stop crying, please."

"Sorry." The brunette hissed, pulling away from their hug and wiping his tears awkwardly off his face. His gaze were fixated on the green grass beneath his feet, he couldn't even look at Iwaizumi in the eye. The thought of him hugging his ex-boyfriend made him fume bright red.

"Oi," a hand intertwined with his as he looked up, Iwaizumi's deep and intense eyes meeting his. Oikawa was lost in his senses for a moment, Iwaizumi's soft expression making the swarm of butterflies inside his stomach go wild.