Prologue

Prologue

Love may not have been the nicest thing in the world today. It shatters everyone to pieces. It hinders its victims to the fact that it isn't all bliss. It entails a lot of heartaches, a lot of hardships, but when you beat Love at its own game, it sure is worth it.

Unfortunately, only a few beat Love as it is - because most people are lured by love and all its traps. There is always more to Love than what meets the eye.

When you fall in its pits, into the deep abyss of nothingness, know that there is no other human being who can help you climb back but your self.

Love's chasm is like a hellhole, a pandemonium, it seems like there is no way out of it but luckily for some, they manage to and they live to tell the tale.

I, Oikawa Tōru, was one of its victims. I experienced the blissful feeling it has to offer, but I also suffered its atrocities, I wasn't smart enough to be elusive, not to fall for its silly tricks.

Up until now, the past still haunts me. It has stayed with me through the years; it didn't let me move forward and go on with my life. I was wondering if, maybe, just maybe, I was one of Love's favorite victims - considering that he hasn't let me go just yet.

I hate him. I hate the person who put me through this, who drowned me into this deep abyss. Not a day has passed that I haven't been thinking of him. Because despite leaving me hanging, I know deep inside that I still love him. He will always have a place in my heart - a spot he never gave importance, a spot he left. A spot that now lies bare without his presence and has become an empty void, subconsciously, deeply and undeniably waiting for him to fill these empty spaces again.

I am Oikawa Tōru and this is my story. I still remember what he used to say to me: "If loving you was a mistake, it's probably the best mistake I have ever made, and I don't mind committing it over and over again."

This is bullshit. I thought.

I am Oikawa Tōru. And my best mistake will be the death of me.

•••

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Date Started: March 25, 2016
Date Finished: April 23, 2016

Copyreader/Editor: ErensHeichou

Now available on archiveofourown.org

Twitter: @fweyaaa

All Rights Reserved 2016 © Freya Emmanuelle