Chapter 4

Chapter 4:
Team Outing

"No, you can't Kunimi! This seat is reserved for Oikawa!" Iwaizumi rolled his eyes at the rookie for the nth time that day. The freshman was convincing Iwaizumi to let him sit beside him for fifteen minutes already.

"Oikawa senpai is probably not coming! It's thirty minutes past 9:00, and we're supposed to be here by 8:30. He's an hour late already!" Kunimi twiddled with his fingers and stared aimlessly at his feet, as if there was something interesting down there.

Iwaizumi pursed his lips at the thought as his eyes fluttered close in frustration. Where the hell is that idiot?! He thought, slightly massaging his temples.

"Iwaizumi-senpai! Please let me sit beside you!" Kunimi's voice faltered as tears brimmed his chinky eyes. The sight made Iwaizumi feel guilty, but he was adamant that Oikawa is coming and that the seat beside him should only be reserved for him.

"For the last time, Kunimi: no!" Iwaizumi snapped, making Kunimi cringe a little bit. "Oikawa is coming, and he's sitting beside me!"

The freshman just sighed in defeat as he trudged his way towards the end of the shuttle, sitting beside Kageyama Tobio, another first year student in Kitagawa Daiichi.

"What happened back there?" Kageyama asked as he eyed Kunimi, who was embarrassed in front of his teammates a while ago.

"Iwaizumi-san won't let me sit beside him. He still thinks Oikawa-senpai is coming." Kunimi replied in a faint voice, but it was still audible enough for Kageyama to hear.

Kageyama scratched his nape as he arched his brows at Kunimi, "Why don't you want to sit at the back anyway? Do you have a problem with me?!"

Kunimi's eyes widened as he shook his head vehemently, "No! It's nothing like that Kageyama-kun, I just get dizzy when I sit at the far-end of the shuttle. I might throw up on the way."

Kageyama's expression was distorted at the thought of Kunimi throwing up. He immediately stood up and shouted at Iwaizumi from the back, "Oi! Iwaizumi-senpai! Please let Kunimi sit at the front. He says he gets dizzy when he sits at the back and might throw up!"

Indistinct chatters filled the atmosphere of the shuttle, repulse was evident in all of their faces because of what Kageyama said.

"Fine! You two, transfer here! Oikawa and I are sitting in the back!" Iwaizumi grabbed his backpack as he headed towards the back of the shuttle. He was already cursing Oikawa mentally as of the moment.

"Is everyone here? We're about to leave in a few minutes!" A tall yet slouchy guy entered their ride. He was already in his tank top and Hawaiian shorts.

Kitagawa Daiichi's team manager took out his notebook and started checking the team's attendance. "Oikawa Tōru? Is Oikawa Tōru here?"

"Not yet sensei..." Iwaizumi replied through gritted teeth as he rested his head on the headrest.

"What do you mean 'not yet' Iwaizumi-kun? It's almost 10:00, if he's not here in fifteen minutes, we're leaving him!" The manager exclaimed firmly, making Iwaizumi jump off his seat.

"Fifteen minutes you say, Sensei?" He asked, and the slouchy man nodded his head in response.

Iwaizumi ran as fast as he could off the shuttle and headed out of the campus. It's a weekday, Oikawa's probably in his apartment right now, and not in their house. He thought to himself as he focused his attention on the road.

Oikawa's apartment was six blocks away from the school and Iwaizumi arrived there in a jiffy. He took the key from under the doormat and hastily shoved it inside the keyhole, unlocking the door, and headed upstairs to where Oikawa's room was.