Chapter 10: Suspicions

They've been in the middle of the ocean for some hours now and she could tell everyone was bored. Of course, she wouldn't be. She liked the ocean, but the dark clouds in the distance were getting nearer and she knew that, as well as having a serene side, the ocean also had a merciless one. The sun was already beginning to dim over the horizon as well. Yet she stayed afloat on the cool waters, looking up at the puffy, white nimbus clouds above her. Her curly hair danced along the surface and little ripples surrounded her after every small movement she made. Through it all, she could only think about Haruka.

Haruka...

The first time she saw the darkness in the blonde's sparkling green eyes, she had literally felt the goose bumps in her skin prick out in fright. She didn't want to think Haruka had the ability to kill people, but after hearing what transpired in the Escalade...

She's killed before.

And it bothered her. Of course it bothered her. She would have to go see a shrink if that little bit of info didn't. But surprisingly enough, it hadn't change her perspective of her bodyguard—she was still very much infatuated with her. regardless of what she's done in the past, the violinist could not help, but still like her. All she needed was a little time to digest it. 

She dipped her head in the water, relinquishing the feel of it and came back up, decidedly keeping her eyes shot.

It had hurt...how she acted in the car with Haruka. It hurt when she saw the hopeless look in the other girl's eyes and, even more so, the fact that she couldn't say anything to alleviate it. Truth be told she really didn't know what to say, so she opted on staying quiet in hopes that the blonde would say something instead—an explanation, a reason...something. Anything would have worked...just so her mind would stop buzzing so she could tell the tall girl that she was really okay about the whole situation. But the silence dragged on and it came to the point where it felt like even if she were to say something, it was too late to salvage anything. In the end, all she could do was thank her.

She saw the guilt as she was leaving...How Haruka had shut her eyes, clenched her jaw, and nodded, seemingly in an automatic response. That had hurt the most. She had wanted to turn back then and talk to her, again to try and salvage whatever was left of their prior conversation. Yet again it felt a little too late, not to mention everyone would be suspecting them if they hadn't gone out of the car if they were to talk right there and then. So, in the end, she fall back to normalcy. It felt weird at first and she knew it seemed force, but at the same time she didn't want to see Haruka hurt again. She opted that by teasing her and laughing with her that the blonde would understand that although they needed to talk about it, her overall opinion on the matter was that it was okay. 

She can get over it. For Haruka, she will get over it. It'll just take time to digest it, like all sudden realizations.

What was bothering her more though was why Haruka had decidedly kept it from her. The retelling of her past and the title in the TWE would've been the perfect time and situation to tell her, but she didn't.

She couldn't think I'd see her in a different light would she? She frowned at the thought, but shrugged it back. Then again, that reason would be completely understandable. But does my opinion really matter that much to her?

She remembered the dark look Haruka flashed when she defended her form her cousin. How Harukahad gone beyond the call of duty and protected her from something that was not physical .

She opened her blue eyes softly and looked up at the white yacht.

I need to see her.

She frowned a little bit at the powerful and sudden feeling of having to be in contact with Haruka, but shook the uneasiness aside. This was the power the blonde had over her...and she won't tire of it—she'd get used to it. Smiling, she swam towards the ladder in the side of the yacht, propelled herself upwards, climbed back up, and took a towel from her seat,looking at her bodyguard as she did so. The Kokuyos, except her aunt, were still swimming and the rest of  her family and bodyguards were probably at the bar. Only Haruka had stayed outside, sitting on the same spot she had claimed at the beginning of the boat ride.