chapter 31

Today was the day of Anthony and Deena's wedding.  I was dressed in a wine colored spaghetti strapped dress.       My stomach bulged out, making me look huge.  I had to wear leggings underneath the dress.  I matched it with black flats, since heels made my feet hurt.  I left my hair down in its natural straight style.  It was 30 minutes til the wedding started.  It was time to leave. 

Neither I or Kevin spoke a word the whole way there.  I was extremely nervous.  Maybe I shouldn't be going to this wedding.  But it's the only way I can get over Anthony.

The car jolted to a stop.  We were there.  We sat in the car for awhile until Kevin finally spoke.

"Maybe we should go find our seats now."

"Yeah." I replied.

 Kevin got out if the car and walked over to my side and opened my door.  I still hadnt moved.

"Angelina?"

"Oh. right."  I got out of the car and walked hand in hand with Kevin into the wedding.  We sat all the way in the back, so no one would notice if we decided to leave early.  We sat there for about 10 minutes.  Kevin was tracing the palm of my hand with his finger.  I didnt even notice he was doing it until the music started and I looked to Kevin.   I gave him a small smile and looked back to the isle.  The best men came out followed by the groom, Anthony.  He looked stunning in a suit. He had a bright, happy smile on his face...the one I always saw when he was with me.  Then, the bridesmaids in blue dresses walked down the aisle, carrying a blue and white bouquet of flowers with blue and white ribbons hanging down.  Their dresses were floor length and made from silky blue material.  The dresses flowed dreamily as the walked.  Then the "Here comes the bride" song came on.  The bride appeared at the start of the white carpet.  She was wearing a mermaid style dress....white with beading all over.  It didnt flatter her figure at all.  She was way too short for the dress and the dress was too tight.   I dont know how she even got into it.  I looked back to Anthony who's smile had faded into a fake happy smile.  I know when he's faking a smile.  That brightness, the glowing features he had a minute ago, were gone.  I had only seen his fake smile a hand full of times before...in Geometry class when the students were'nt listening to him and then a parent walked in.  He greeted them with a smile even though he was clearly annoyed.  That's the same look he has now.  Was he not happy he was getting married to the girl he always loved?  Shouldnt he be happy he's marrying Deena?!  If he wasnt happy, why were they getting married.  Maybe he was just nervous.  Yeah that must be it. 

Then, as if Anthony knew I was thinking about him, his gaze jumped to me...like a magnetic force.  His bright, happy and REAL smile returned.  Deena was next to Anthony at this point and he was staring at me...not Deena.  Deena nudged him a little and Anthony was snapped out of his trans.  He looked at Deena and gave her a  small, simple smile and took her hand.  They both turned away to face the minister.  The minister recited all the stuff he's supposed to say.  Then came the I do's.

"Do you, Anthony Mark Blake, take Deena Marie Lafayette to be your wife? To love and to charish,  for better or for worse?"  The minister recited.

Anthony gulped and his eyes flickered over to me. Why was he looking at me? He should be looking at Deena.  Deena motioned for him to speak. 

"I-I uhhhh..."  He stuttered.  "I dont."  He finally said with confidence.  Everyone gasped.  My jaw fell.  Kevin squeezed my hand and wrapped an arm around my waist to hold me close, trying to protect me.  Anthony looked back at me and saw me with Kevin.  His eyes filled with rage. 

"He said I do...maybe you didnt hear him right." Deena said trying to calm everyone.

"No Deena. YOU heard me wrong.  I said I dont.  I dont want to marry you."

She gasped. "But Anthy-poo!!! You're the one who proposed to ME!"  She whined.

"And I regret doing so."  He replied.  Anthony stared back at me and Kevin.  He stomped his way over to us.  I was sitting in an aisle seat, so Anthony was now standing right in front of me.  I looked up.  "Angel, please tell me my eyes are deceiving me.  Please tell me what I'm thinking right now is misunderstood."  He begged with anger.

"I would if it were true. Anthony,  I'm in lve with Kevin."  I said frightened.

"KEVIN?! It's been only a week since you left!   And youre already moved on...and to my brother?!" He shouted.

"DO NOT TURN THIS AROUND ON ME, ANTHONY!!!!!"  I yelled back, starting to cry. I stood up so I was almost at his level...but I'm much shorter than him so it didnt make much of a difference.  "YOU DECIDED TO GET MARRIED!!!! I LEFT YOU AND YOU GO AND GET MARRIED TO THE PERSON THAT CAME BETWEEN US!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Anthony was taken back.  His expression softened and he reached at to me.  I backed away.  "NO!! Dont touch me!!!" I retaliated.  Everyone, including Deena, was watching us carefully, waiting for the next word to be said.  Kevin came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my big belly, holding me close...my back to his chest.

"Angelina, I never meant to hurt you.  I'm sorry I lied to you, but I realized that I'm only happy when i'm with you.  Deena...she makes me  so frustrated and confused and annoyed.  I dont want to be with her, Angel.  I dont love her. And I didnt realize that until I lost you.  I LOVE YOU and always have.  I confused lust for love with Deena.  Please Angel, take me back. I'll make you happy.  I'll do anything for.  I'll love you forever and this time, I really truly mean it."

I looked deep into his blue eyes. And shook my head.  "I cant."  Then II looked into Kevin's sea green eyes. "And I cant be with you either."

Kevin looked hurt.  He let go of me and took a step back.  "Angelina, I love you.  More than my brother ever could."  He said trying to convince me.

"I-I'm sorry.  I cant be with either of you.  I can't handle all this drama.  I dont want to come between you two.  You're brothers for god's sake and you're both in love with me!  I cant live with that.  Maybe the only way we'll all be happy is if I'm out of both your lives for good."

"What are saying?" Anthony asked me.

"I'm saying that I'm moving out of Kevin's house and moving far away from here.  I'll find a job and a place to stay and I'll take care of these three on my own." I said pointing down to my stomach. 

"Angelina, you cant. You have nowhere to go!"  Kevin exclaimed.

"And you wont be able to raise 3 babies on your own.  There arent that many good paying jobs for someone who doesnt have a highschool diploma."  Anthony added.

"I'll find a way.  And if you're so hung up about the money, then pay child support.  Then at least, you'll be there for them...in a way.  But I dont want you near these babies.  Maybe I'll let you meet them someday, but only when I know that you've straightened your life out.   You too Kevin.  Both of you shouldnt love me.  It only causes trouble.  And please tell your parents that I'm sorry.  I'll send them pictures of the triplets when they're born."  And with that said, I pushed past Anthony and walked out of the wedding.  I made my way down the street and hailed a taxi.  I told the driver the address of Kevin's house and got there in about 30 minutes. Luckily, I had some money in my purse and paid the fair...with a tip.  I walked back into Kevin's house and packed my belongings.  I left the baby stuff, since Lacy could always come and pack it for me and send it to wherever I am in the world. 

I got done packing an hour later.  Kevin still hadnt come home.  He knew I was leaving, so I decided not to leave him a note.  I brought my suitcase downstairs and took one last look around and finally said goodbye.  I walked out the front door with my suitcase, and left  my past behind.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok One more chapter to go.  Then....wait for it......THE SEQUEL!!!!!! I havent decided what the title will be yet. But I'll announce it in the Final Chapter.    Please comment, fan ,like, vote, etc...  And please tell me what you think of the cover.   The girl on the cover is me, so I dont know if it looks good.   Thanks in advance!!!!!