Chapter 55

Short Filler chapter..hate me yet?

The next morning, I woke up to singing.

Odd singing. My body ached after last nights events and I could barely turn over. But as I came to my senses, I realized what I was hearing.

"It feels like the perfect night, to dress up like hipsters..."
Taylor Swift? Really?
I stood to my feet, curious to who was singing it.
To my utter surprise, I followed the voice into the kitchen where I saw Eli, frying bacon and clearly listening to Taylor Swift. "I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!" I covered my mouth as he sang off key, I could've died from laughter.
In the midst of my laughter, I tumbled into the chair, making a huge mess and he whipped around and locked a gaze with me. He fumbled with his phone and pressed the pause button.

"Ray! I-I uh didn't know you we're going to be up so early." He babbled nervously and I still couldn't help but burst into laughter.

"It's 10:30, I didn't know you listened to T-Swift." I say, trying to keep from laughing harder. "Look, I like the song. It's catchy." He says, in a defensive tone. "Plus, this is on Pandora anyways." He quickly adds.
I purse my lips together and fold my arms against my chest. "But I bet you have the Taylor Swift station." I say with a smirk and he snorts.
"Me? Psh. Hah. Uh. No." He says.
He's clearly lying.

"Elliot Carter. Dominant and a Taylor Swift fan. Who knew?" I say, giggling. "I would t have put her on , if you werent sleeping." He says.
"I'm not surprised I even slept in this long.
I could barely move my legs." I say, groaning and groping my thighs to try to ease the pain.
"Oh, so now you're complaining?" He says, smiling.
"No. I enjoyed last night. A lot." I say, biting the inside of my cheek.

"Me too. I felt like we reached a new level." He says, bringing me closer to him. "You let loose a bit and I thank you." I say, kissing his chin.
"Like I said before: I've created a monster." He teases huskily.
"It's all your fault and I should've known. Wanna know why?"
"Why?" He asks. "Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in." I say with a sly smile and he chuckles. "I'm afraid I don't like that song my dear." He says raising his eyebrow. "But I bet you have that playlist on your phone, don't you?" I say and bites the inside of his cheek.
"Exactly." I chime and move past him to try some of his bacon.

"Crispy." I say, approving. "Oh I try. I put in work in the kitchen." He says with a grin.
"Work? Oh shit! I completely forgot!" I said, my eyes widening! I haven't even been back a week yet and I'm already late. My boss was going to be....
Oh yeah. Duh.

"Calm down. You can just head over now if you'd like. Amy wants you to pick her up though." He says, pouring me a cup of coffee.
"She called?" I ask.
"Twelve times actually. She was really wondering if I was holding you captive." He says and I roll my eyes.
"You would me never." I say, dramatically.
"Wanna bet?" He challenges and I hold my hands up in defeat.
"Okay. Okay you win. I'm going to go shower. No interruptions. Okay?" I warn, wagging my finger in front of his face.
"No promises girlfriend."

"You better boyfriend." I say and slip back into my room.

It felt so cool being able to drive in my own car. I rolled down the windows and blasted Sleeping With Sirens through the stereo. Singing completely off key.
I was waiting for my partner in crime. My AmDizzle.

However once I arrived there, apparently Amy had left hours ago.
Her aunt look confused at me, her eyebrows raised.
"I thought you picked her up." She told me and I blinked at her a few times.
I didn't really know her, just that she was Amy's aunt.
"No. I didn't." I say, flatly. "Must've been another co worker." Her aunt said shrugging her shoulders.
But still that worried me. Especially when I looked over towards the counter and saw Amy's phone.
Amy never left her phone unattended.
Even when we were in college and she threw up all over the place. Her right hand still held her phone. That was like her life support.
I saw Amy's phone. But where was Amy?

Trying to stay optimistic, I drove back towards work, in hope of seeing her. My phone vibrated and being against texting and driving. I tried to fight the urge. I looked down and saw it was Elliot.
"Come to the office."
It was a single text. Was he angry? No. With him, he probably just wanted more sex.
I grinned and plopped my phone on my lap and continued driving. Once I reached the office, things got...odd.

The elevator was out of order...as usual and for once that wasn't a surprise. But the main office had an eerie dim to it. My skin crawled with fear and I glanced around me apprehensively. This scene was straight out of a horror film.
Mostly because...
No one was here.

I knew Eli was into role play but this was freaking me out.

Elliot's office door slowly opened and all I saw was a shadow figure.
Standing.
Staring.
My body froze and suddenly I couldn't breathe. The air was suffocating me.
The shadow didn't move. As if it were waiting for me.

I stepped back and watched as the figure looked down and held up a phone.
I couldn't see who it was still but they were doing something.

Moments later my phone vibrated and it was Elliot.
"Stay where you are." I looked up at the figure and stepped back again and turned on my heel and bolted for the door.
As I was running down the stairs I was scared to look back. My breathing was ragged and I ran until I got outside.
I looked over to find my car. But it was gone.
"What the fuck?!" I screamed.
Seriously?

First day getting a car and it gets stolen. Just my damn luck.
I groan and take out my phone.
"Car got stolen. I'm taking a cab and asking it to run over my throat. Lots of love. X" my sarcastic text would either enrage him or make him chuckle. Or maybe both.
I wave my hand for a cab, because whistling is so cliche and never works since I lived in fucking NEW YORK CITY.
My skin still crawling from what happened in the office. I slid in the taxi and heard my name being yelled. "Rayleen!" It's Elliot, screaming my name like a mad man. I groan and rub my forehead. Oh yeah he was most definitely enraged.

"Boss?" The cab driver asks.
"No. Boyfriend." I correct and slip out the door.
"What?" I yell back. He looks infuriated and oh so sexy.
"Didn't I tell you to stay where you were?"
This was like a rush of déjà vu.
"Wait. So you did send that message in the office?" I whisper and he frowns. "The office?" I nod and he shakes his head. "I wasn't in the office. I texted you to tell you, I gave everyone the day off. I have a surprise for you." He says with gleaming eyes.
But my heart had already stopped beating. "Wait. If that wasn't you. Then who was upstairs with me?" I could throw up.
I wanted to fall over.

"Kitten, what are you talking about?"Eli asks with wild eyes. "Someone's in the office." I say with a deep swallow.

He frowns for a moment. "And my car." I say and press my eyes together. "Calm down. Lindon has your car because of the day I had planned for us. But I'm getting services up there as soon as possible." He says and takes out his phone.
I feel like I could hyperventilate.
Especially when I look up at Eli's balcony and see the curtain closing.

They are still fucking there.

"Eli, they're in there now." I say, my voice shaking.

Within seconds a group of men have entered the building.
Doing God knows what.

"Come on. Lets get you somewhere safe." He says and grabs my hand and leads me into his car.

Just when I got used to driving...

The drive gives me some time to calm down. We were being protected. And that was fine. But where the hell was my girl Amy?
"Do you want some ice cream?" Eli asks, breaking me out of my trance.
I smile and nod.

He drives to a small shop by Times Square and we order medium cones. Which aren't too medium.

"You know, this ice cream won't result in your benefit." I say, nervously as I begin to lick my strawberry ice cream, before it drips onto the cone.

"Why do you say that?" He asks back amusingly. "Because I'm lactose intolerance." I admit shyly.
"Oh boy and I remember what happened last time." He teases and I frown but still giggle.

"You know what I love about Times Square?" Eli says as we hit the center. Gazing up at the big plazmas. Advertising coca cola and the "One More" Gatorade commercial.
"What?" I ask. "Amazing things happen here. Monumental, legendary and epic things." He says and gazes at me nervously.
"I suppose so. They just need to advertise new things." I say,
"Oh really? Look again." Eli mumbles softly.
I do and I can't believe what I see.

'WILL YOU MARRY ME RAYLEEN?'
Covers the entire screen.
I look over at Elliot who's down on one knee, holding a beautiful diamond ring.

Everyone turns around to gaze at us. Taking pictures and exchanging comments.

"Rayleen Banks. You drive me fucking nuts. You keep me on edge. You make me have sweaty palms. You make me coffee with cream and sugar. You drive off with my car. You leave me. And yet...I can't get away from you. You gave me everything I've ever wanted. You showed me the light and made me a better person because of it. There's so many ways I want to repay you but nothing seems better than giving you my last name. Will you marry me?"

I drop my ice cream.

~*~*~*~
I know it's short but I'm stressing.

As this book will soon come to an end.

Please answer the following:
what do you think her answer is? Who do you think was in the office with her?
And where do you think Amy is?

I love you slaves. Thanks for your patience.
Haters suck my imaginary dick and don't forget to swallow
X