01

Morning Blu's

The alarm on my phone went off and by sounds of it I knew I was late. I tend to set specific songs for each of my alarms to let me know what time it is, as I am most definitely not a morning person.

I jumped out of my bed, pulling on my robe and headed straight for the bathroom.

No time for a shower, I guess...

I washed up as quickly as I could with my wash cloth at the sink and brushed my teeth at the same time, rinsing before I walked into my room and grabbed the first outfit I got my hands on.

As I was making breakfast- a sandwich bag full of Golden Grahams and some caramel apple dippers- my phone went off with my younger sister Blu's ringtone- "Blue" by Marina and the Diamonds.

Cute, no?

"Aren't you supposed to be at school right now?" I muffled into the receiver, munching on an apple slice buried in caramel.

"Aren't you?" She countered.

I shrugged as though she could see me, dumping some dog food into Mikey's bowl. "I was up late."

"Doing what, drinking?" I shrugged again and she sighed. "I'm just calling as usual to make sure you get to school on time."

"As usual," I added picking up my phone and walking towards the front door.

"However," she continued, amusement evident in her tone, "today is special."

I froze at the door. "How so?"

She paused for dramatic effect and I rolled my eyes. "Your meeting, dear sister."

The way she said it had me groaning, stomping back into the apartment. "Shit, I almost forgot."

"Yeah, well, I'm actually only in passing period right now but I just thought I'd remind you at your usual waking time."

I went back into my semi-messy bedroom in search of my folders. "Yeah. Thanks, Blu. Seriously, you're a lifesaver."

"Do they even have blue lifesavers?" She asked distractedly.

"Blu....go to class."

"I-" just then the surprisingly loud sound of a bell ringing rang through the phone and I removed it from my face. "Crap. I'll talk to you later, I'm late."

"Kk, be happy, and make every moment count!"

"Like it's my last," she responded. We hung up and I looked around my bedroom in frustration before I noticed my fat little dachshund sitting in the corner on top of something purple. My eyes widened and I ran over to him as he paused in licking his paw, wide eyes trained on me.

"Mikey, I'ma need for you to move, okay?"

He huffed, turning away from me.

Well aware of the affect loud noises had on him, I nearly shouted, "MOVE YOUR CHUNKY PORK AND BEAN ASS, MICHAEL'ANGELO!"

He flinched and jumped out of the way, tail tucked in.

"Sorry, Mikey-poo," I said, snatching up my folder and small container, "but you left me no other choice."

After the most tragic parking experience- due to the lot being packed so I had to park almost a two blocks away- and dodging a couple panhandlers and perverts' wandering eyes I found myself at the gates of my university, sighing as I watched the students all moving at their own pace or rushing towards their classes. I started heading for the building when I spotted a familiar face and waved.

"Juniper!"

The goofy dark auburn-haired girl glanced my way and squinted before smiling.

"Where the hell are your glasses?"

"Where the hell were you? You missed it, we got a new professor yesterday but he stormed out of the classroom so he ended class early. He starts late today."

I sighed. "Are you serious?"

Juniper smirked. "As a heart attack. Wanna go get breakfast? Jason is buying."

I shrugged, nodding to the guy in question. He smiled but we both knew how we felt about one another. It was apparent in his eyes how little he cared for my presence but I merely smiled back and gripped Juniper's hand.

"Lets go, I'm starving."

Breakfast

"Shit!"

I flinched, dropping my spoon on the plate and glancing over at Juniper after her random outburst.

"We're gonna be late, oh my god!"

I shrugged, shoveling more waffle into my mouth. "So? When am I ever on time?"

Juniper stood. "Well, as I said, there's a new teacher since Mrs. Moreau left for France and I wanna make a good first impression."

"You said he was there yesterday...?"

She shrugged. "I didn't even technically meet him yesterday. Not formally."

"Mm," I nodded, finishing off my plate. "Well, I'll be there, eventually."

Juniper grabbed Jason's arm and handed her bag to him. "Come on, Jase. I'll let you walk me to class."

As they left I watched Jason throw me one last glare before frowning down at the mess they'd left.

And the check they'd left unpaid.

Okay bitch. Props due.