Chapter 2 - A Grimmer to Remember

AN: Short chapter, sorry.

Enjoy!!

"Damon!" Laney shouted buried deep in her room.

"What!" He answered her.

"Hurry up we can't be late to school. It's my first day!" She whined.

The two days Laney had from when she got back on Friday had gone by faster than she imagined. Now she was fishing through her closet for an outfit, so far she had socks. She pulled and searched and dug. She tossed and threw and chucked. Finally. She wore a dark grey skirt with a loose fitting, white boyfriend tee. Her feet covered in low top black converse. She brushed her wavy hair and let it fall over her right shoulder. She grabbed her maroon colored backpack and headed down stairs where Damon stood by the door.

"I've been waiting her for ten minutes, Laney." Damon stated with a droll expression.

She glared at him, scowled almost. She opened the door, and rushed out of it into the morning sun. It had just started to peak over the distant mountains, which had a light dusting of snow on top. The cold autumn wind blew in their faces as they walked down the leaf-scattered road. The school was only about a five or ten minute walk from their house depending on how many times they stopped.

"Wait up! Laney!" A voice called from behind both Laney and Damon.

Whipping around, Laney saw Zee running in her sky blue flats. Her dark blue skinny jeans reaching her ankles, and a blue and white striped shirt stuck to her torso. She had her white backpack slung over her left shoulder and her hair neatly combed.

"Hey." She panted out of breath leaning over and placing a hand on her knee. "Man, I'm out of shape."

"Morning to you too." Damon chuckled from behind Laney.

"Shut it, Sanders." Zee glared at him taking the lead.

Laughing, Laney followed closely behind as they walked closer to the school. Laney's heart nagged against her chest like a mad beast. She was more than excited, but ecstatic. She couldn't wait to see all the classrooms and her friends. Maybe even join back on the cheer team. As they walked across the school lawn, scattered with benches and tables, they weaved through groups of chattering students. Finally the large doors came into view. Students were piling in and spilling out.

"Welcome back." Ruxin said approaching the three who stood still in the constantly moving crowd.

"Thanks." Laney grinned at him before walking to the office with Zee trailing behind.

Her converse scuffed the tan colored tiles of the schools hallway, and her bag zippers jangled with every step she took. She held a bright smile on her face as she saw more and more familiar faces. Making her way to the carpeted, cozy feeling office she stopped and turned to Zee,

"What's your first class?" Laney asked cautiously.

"History...with Mr. Hunter." She smiled.

"Ok, well, I'm getting my schedule now, only hope I can be in with you."

With that, she spun on her heel and entered the office. A petit woman about 30 years old, sat behind the large desk. She wore giant circular glasses that enlarged her eyes so they looked bigger than the sun. Her lips were pursed and her frizzy brunette hair encased her face and stopped abruptly at her chin. Her eyes flicked up at the sight of Laney, and smiled at her,

"May I help you young lady?"

"Uh, yes, Laney Sanders, I need my schedule." Laney said slowly.

"Ah, yes. Second new kid coming here this morning." She said before rummaging through a drawer.