Chapter 7: Oblivious

Evan's POV
I stir from my slumber, and cuddle deeper into the warm sheets. I snuggle up into them, arms pulling the warmth closer to me before I pause. Warmth? But I wasn't sleeping on this side of the bed. I pry my eyes open to find myself clinging to Delirious, my face pressed into his back. My face heats up when suddenly he turns to face me, and inches closer, still asleep. I guess my movement stirred him, but not enough to fully wake him. His hot shallow breaths hit my face, and the smell of something creamy fills my senses. I test the waters, and slip in closer just to get a full whiff of his scent, which smells like cream with a subtle hint of spice. It hits me hard, and I feel intoxicated without having any alcohol.

A shiver runs up my spine when a warm, slender object snakes around my left leg, which isn't pressed against the bed. It takes me a couple of seconds to register that it is, in fact, a ringed tail. I take a closer look at Delirious, finally noticing the raccoon ears and tail poking out. He's in his half form unconsciously. He looks absolutely adorable, nuzzling into the pillow with his ears twitching.

Strange for his animal to peek out without his consent. Mine usually never does that... wait. Fully awake now, I mentally slap myself when my feathers ruffle and my wings stay folded. When and how? This is getting really weird and the cute tail still wrapped around my leg hasn't stopped sending electrical currents up my spine. I'm pretty much a disheveled mess by now.

A soft moan emits in front of me, and Delirious shifts, stretching out his sleepy muscles. The action involuntarily tightens his tail still gripping my leg, and I bite back a noise. I have to hold back my hands, which are itching to touch. He opens his eyes, and they are breathtaking, morning light hitting them and making them glow like diamonds. Fuck! He looks so delicious, and I want every part of it for myself. My eyes widen at the thoughts my owl is producing. Yes, sometimes the animal inside of us has a mind of its own. Those aren't my thoughts, calm down Evan. Delirious probably doesn't even feel anything like that towards guys anyways.

He gasps slightly in shock when he notices our position, and pulls back. I mourn the loss of contact before scolding myself again. He's just a good friend, nothing more.
"I'm so sorry, I'm used to going towards the warmth when I sleep and I guess I ended up clinging to you." His face is flushed a beautiful crimson colour, and my heart leaps.
"Don't worry, I am just as guilty. I woke up and you were warm so it just sort of happened. How my half form happened like yours, I don't know." He looks at me in relief but then confusion.
"What half- ohhhhh." He feels the ears on his head, and I get the urge to touch them too. Staying near him for this long is wearing my tolerance thin. I feel like I'm going to jump him because he looks so cute.

Okay, I admit it. I'm attracted to this person. That's it, nothing more. My stomach growls shamelessly and we look at each other, before bursting into a fit of giggles. Delirious' laugh rings out in a crazy, maniacal type way, that I find even more attractive, if possible.
"Holy crap man. You're laugh is amazing." I say between breaths, and get a heart-stopping smile with dimples in return.
"So is yours, it's se..." He trails off before looking at me. "Cute." He finishes, and I curse my face for betraying my blush.
"Be quiet! I'm manly, not cute!" I pout dramatically, and he smirks.
"Even someone who is manly can be cute. Now I'm hungry so let's go." He grabs my arm and pulls while I resist.
"Just wait. You're saying I'm cute. So that means you're even cuter than me because I say so." I playfully tease, and his face reddens to my satisfaction.
"There's no logic to that!" He counters, but I choose not to acknowledge it.
"Sure sure." I say sarcastically before he turns forward to hide his face, and pulls me along towards the the stairs leading to the main floor and the kitchen.
____________
Jonathan's POV
I can't believe I slipped up and almost called his laugh sexy! Everything about that man is bad news. The way he makes me feel, how dependant on him I'm becoming, even just hearing his name mentioned affects me. He's like a drug that I can't get enough of and I haven't even known him for more than 2 weeks! I'm disgusted with myself because he probably doesn't feel as wrecked as I do. Heck I don't even think he has an attraction towards guys. As for why my animal came out, it's never happened before, so it makes no sense to me, but his also appeared and that makes things even weirder.