Chapter Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"Why didn't you just come straight to us? Why did you go to Victor in the first place?"

"Because if I went straight to Xavier then he wouldn't have killed Victor" My eyes widen, Xavier managed to kill him? "And his Grandparents would've been found out, I couldn't do that to them after they'd saved my life."

"What about the note? You told Xavier you were fine and Victor thought you were dead too."

"Xavier's clever Grace, he knew what it meant" Sam looks down for a moment. "Victor didn't care that I was alive, he just cared about using me to get to Xavier once I gave myself to him. He just didn't realise I was playing the player."

That's a lot to take in.

I stare at him as I try to process what he's just told me. "About enough questions for one night?"

"You'll tell me more in the morning?"

"Of course I will" He smiles, I never thought I'd get to see that smile again. "We have a lot to catch up on."

"I'm glad you're not dead" I whisper, he grins and laughs lightly. I never thought I'd have to say that to someone.

"And now that I'm not, everything can go back to the way it was before. I'm not leaving you again Poppet."

"I'm glad" I smile when he kisses my forehead. My gaze moves to the door quickly when someone clears their throat.

"Which part of don't wake her up she has college tomorrow didn't you understand?"

Sam smirks as Xavier stands at the doorway, one foot crossed over the other. He must've had a shower before he came here because his hairs still damp and loose shorts aren't his usual attire. 

"Oh I understood all of it" Sam smiles sweetly.  "I just ignored you, you should know I do that quite a lot."

I feel a mixture of emotions, I don't know whether to laugh or cry but I just hug Sam again instead. He's alive.

"I missed you too" He whispers. I can hear Xavier's footsteps coming closer towards the bed and I release Sam. He's really alive.

"Alright Sam, that's enough touching." Xavier pulls Sam up from the bed as he rolls his eyes.

"Totally gay guy that's just risen from the dead and you're still an overprotective jealous jerk?" Sam questions. "Some things never change."

"I saved your ass, I can kill you just as easily."

"Your death threats are so lovely, I've missed them." Sam pinches his cheek as he tries to swat his hand away. "And I love you too, Xaviey poo."

Xavier glares at me when I laugh at the name before sending the glare in Sam's direction. "Go to bed."

"Goodnight Poppet" Sam waves at me. "Xaviey Poo."

I watch him as he turns and walks away down the hall, I can't believe that's really him. He's really here.

"Pain in the ass Kid" Xavier grumbles.

"He's really alive" I mumble, not honestly believing it as Xavier walks towards the bed.

"He really is" He nods as he climbs on the bed, laying beside me.