The Market Place.

EMERALD'S POV

Finally we reached the market place. There were many kinds of different stores each selling something different from the next.

The Doctor continued to almost drag me along as he dodged his way through the crowded street. 'Come on Emmy, there should be a good cafe where we can get some food. I know that you'll love the food here.' He said sounding like and excited little child who had just been told that he could have some sweets before dinner.

'Can't we look at some of the stores?' I questioned.

'Later. I promise that we can.' He replied finally coming to a stand still.

When I looked I saw that we had come to a stop outside of a big blue building which I now realized was a cafe he was talking about. It looked amazing.

Once we went in and found a table we both ordered our food. However The Doctor asked for fish fingers and custard which caused me to give him a "are you serious" look.

'Hey don't go judging it until you try it!' He said automatically in his defence. As our food finally came.

I just had something that appeared to be chips and then there was his. He continually looked at me until I had to give in.

'Fine...' I said reaching over and giving his food a try. Who knew that it was actually really good. 'Wow, it nice!'

His face lit up at my response. But then it dropped as loud, high pitched scream echoed through the streets and shook us to the bone.

'COME ON THIS WAY!!!' The Doctor yelled jumping to his feet and began dragging me along with him once again.

'Wait don't we have to pay for our meal first?!' I stuttered trying to keep up with him.

We were rushing through the panicked street.

'No time something bad is happening and they'll need our help.'
His reply was rather stern.

Finally we came to a stand still. Looking around we were now on the edge of a massive crowd that were standing like status gawping at something or someone on the ground.

'Please let me through, I'm a Doctor!' He announced forcibly making his way through the crowd. I followed close behind not wanting to get separated from him.

Now right in front of me I saw the dismantled body of an unrecognizable person. I froze on the spot at the sight, I was completely speechless.

The Doctor was crouched down looking at the sight, 'What happened?' He grumbled angrily. 'Who did this?'

No-one answered him until his tone changed and it got more angrier , 'Well!?'

I hadn't thought that it would affect him in such away. Then someone stepped forwards.

'There was this thing, it looked like some giant crab thing. One moment it was here and then it was gone.' The young man said.

The Doctor looked up fear dancing in his eyes.

'Doctor... What is this?' I asked stumbling over my words.

'Macra.' Was the only response to come through his words.