Forgive And Forget

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I'm sorry. Maybe if you had a mate, this wouldn't be as bad as your making it out to be." I said then regretted it the second it left my lips. Pain and fear flashed through his honey brown eyes as he fought to keep the tears inside. His mate, was a subject that nobody talked about. Why you may ask, well because she died after they first got together in a car crash. Her parents found out about who she was dating and wanted her to find someone else. She loved him, but her parents didn't. Six months in a coma, Ryce stood by her side, never once leaving. Always thinking she'll wake up, she never did.

"I'm sorry. I was out of line." For the second time in my life, I watched Ryce cry, and I mean actually cry. Wiping his hands over his eyes to brush back the tears, the clear liquid reflecting in the light on his fingertips. Without saying a word he walked towards the door and I heard a door slam, then the sound of an engine starting. Then silence.

Mom simply sat there,pain etched over her calm features. "Mom." She didn't even look at me, just staring at the same spot Ryce once occupied.

"Call this boy, make it right." And without another word, mom left me one with my thoughts. The silence slowly burning away at my mind. Slowly, I reached towards my phone only to lay it back down. Laying down, I felt sleep slowly take it toll on me. Darkness flooded my vision as I feel into a sleep full of good and bad memories.

Ryce's Point Of View

Headlights from the interstate shined brightly through my Windows. Nerves left my hands sweaty and shaky. All those nights I tried to forget, all those days I try to keep alive, everything. Cassy, was my mate, my love, my life. This very stretch of highway I drive, was the same place she had the accident. Never in the past two years have I drove down this road, always avoided it at all costs. Now, I find myself alone and afraid.

Two Years Ago:

"I love you." The words fell from her lips perfectly. Never in my entire life had I ever loved girl the way I do her. Pulling her closer to me, I murmured softly in her ear for the first time.

"I love you, baby." Pulling from my embrace I watched as a few tears of happiness and joy fell from her eyes. Gently, I wiped them away, smiling at her. She smiled back at me.

"Promise me something?" She asked me still smiling. A bit of concern entered my mind. Could she be breaking up with me? She must of caught my discomfort because she pulled me up to her and kissed me softly on the lips. When I tried to deepen the kiss, she pulled away smirking.

"Not now, babe. Promise me that whatever happens, you'll always love me and you'll say it to me." Smiling again I pulled her closer to me, burrowing myself into the crook of her neck breathing in her scent.

"I promise." I spoke, my voice soft as I watched the girl of my dreams cuddle closer into my chest. "I love you." She snorted then slapped a hand over her mouth. Throwing my head back I laughed and she soon joined in.

Present:

Wiping at my eyes, I pulled off of the road, next to the grass. Looking out my window, I spotted the cross and the flowers that people from my pack place here all the time. Even if they didn't know her, they knew how important your mate is too you.

Slowly opening my door, I stood out and felt the cool air chill at my heated flesh. Tension kept my muscles tense as I forced myself not to drop down onto the ground and cry. Pulling out my wallet, I stared at her picture from earlier on the day before the accident. Her green eyes and brown hair captured the light making her look like an angel. She was an angel. My Angel.

Sitting down I gently rubbed my hand along the jagged edges of the cross, worn raw from the weather. Fighting away the tears I looked at her picture again. That's when the entire accident made sense. I knew what happened. I doubt they even care about her. They never approved of me. Why would they start after the accident, the one they blame me for.

Standing abruptly, I made my way to my car. Pulling away, I was met with the sound of tires screeching and steel on pavement. In one swift motion I was airborne in my car, coming closer and closer to the ground. A car horn blared my eardrums along with shouting. Opening my eyes, I saw the faint outline of a tree, then nothing. Only pitch black darkness and bits and piece of short conversations. This was it, me and my mate will finally meet again, just not the way I planned.

Aston's Point Of View

Ringing woke me from my empty dreamless eternity that people call sleep. Not even opening my eyes I opened the phone and saw the local hospital's number flash through my mind. The same one Cassy went to, the same one she died in. Quickly I answered it only to be met with that of a doctor, his voice holding nothing but uncertainty.

"Mr. Jacob, Ryce Carrier has been in an accident and is in a coma. Please come to the hospital as soon as possible." Then nothing. Dropping the phone I screamed and cried until I heard my door open and my mother and father's faces.

"Mom, dad. Ryce. It's happening again." I walied at them and my mom began to cry. They both hurt, the entire pack did when Casey's accident occurred. And now, we may lose Ryce in the same accident. At the same hospital. But, I'll make sure this time, there's a different outcome to this situation..there has to be a way, and I will find it. I won't let him down, again.

Author's Note:

New chapter everyone. Tell me what you think. Very sad this chapter is, New stories will begin to unfold. What do you guys think about the accident of Cassy, and now Ryce's? Could this be the ending of wolf's suffering, or ignite the light at the tunnel of hope? Find out in the next chapter ;)