Chapter 17

They had never ran so fast in their lives. They were near the exit of the castle. They ran countless stairs. Judy looked back, one of the soldiers approached her and he swung his sword at her. Instinctively, she covered her head with her locked paws, causing the sword to break the cuffs.

They were finally out of the castle. Nick closed his eyes for two seconds and inhaled. However, the soldiers never stopped running. Fortunately for them, they hid behind a tree, unnoticed. The soldiers ran out, and forward.

"Come on!" Finnick whispered, and led Nick and Judy to the back side of the castle, where a huge alley could be seen. They continued running, their breathing heavy, until the castle looked tiny from where they were. They stopped running, but never stopped walking. They didn't speak. The sun was shining, making the situation worse.

A forest full of trees came in sight in front of them. They entered the forest and sat down, trying to catch a breath. Nick rested his head on a tree, Finnick sat down criss-crossed, and Judy sat on her knees.

"We... made it!" Finnick finally spoke. Nick inhaled and exhaled repeatedly and closed his eyes. They were finally free. Finnick looked at them confused.

Nick sat there, motionless, with his eyes shut, while Judy tried to steal glances from him, nervously.

Finnick face palmed. "Okay... This is ludicrous!" he exclaimed loudly, gaining the attention.

"You..." he pointed at Nick, and then at Judy. "Haven't seen each other for such a long time, and you're acting like you're strangers!" he continued.

"I did all this running for nothing?!" he glared at Nick, crossing his arms, upset. Finnick waited patiently for their reaction. They just stayed frozen, looking down.

"Screw you, I don't care! If you need me, I'll be sleeping." he said, and laid down, turning his back to them. Nick and Judy glanced at each other. Silence. Nick sighed.

"I..." he started, making Judy look at him. She really wanted to run and hug him tightly, but she couldn't find the courage to do it.

"I missed you." he quietly admitted.

"I missed you too." she said. Judy started sobbing, and Nick opened his arms, signaling a hug. She stood up and knelt down in front of him. He leaned in, and pulled her close in a warm hug. Judy wrapped her arms around his torso, and buried her face in his chest, never stopping sobbing. Nick caressed her head and whispered

"Shh... it's okay. I'm here. I got you."

They stayed like that, for what seemed like an eternity. They pulled away and Nick caressed her cheek. He looked deep in her eyes. He slowly leaned in, and started peppering kisses on her cheek, and she giggled in response.

"Finally!" Finnick exclaimed, interrupting them.

____________________________________________________

A/N: As I mentioned before, the chapters will be shorter, but I am going to update more often. Stay tuned guys, the next chapter is going to have more NickXJudy moments ;)

I'd love to thank my editor, gunsandthrones

MAKE SURE TO VOTE AND REVIEW KINDLY!

P.S I don't own the characters, but I own everything else.