four.

Justin.

I cracked my neck, rotating it from one side to the other in attempt to release the tight, uncomfortable cramps that ran through my stiff joints, enabling me to be able to strain my neck further to gaze higher above me towards the night skies, my brown eyes locked directly on the large green lettering that was displayed visually across the black tiled roof that belonged the Starbucks cafe.

Humor flocked my entire mind as I willed myself to believe that India, the girl that had the biggest ambitions and dreams you could find, atchally worked here. Although I couldn't quite figure out why, and that annoyed me; I liked to know everything, especially about India Johnson. Her parents certainly weren't poor, I remember as a child I use to repeatedly invite myself over because their house was so nice, well to my childhood standards anyway. Now, her house would be simply average in my view seeing as I've grown use to staying in luxury penthouse accommodation these days but back then their house was huge to me, a palace even.

It's almost amusing to watch her as she constantly pushed herself in her education and career whilst I silently overlooked, knowing it was all going to go to waste and fade into yet another one of her memories I've all to kindly provided her with, as soon as she returns to being mine none of it will matter. The only answer as to why she worked in a place such as this is that she was tight on money. A smile lit up my shadowed face as I made a mental note of that, reminding myself that I could freely use it against her.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a group of rowdy teenagers strolling obnoxiously down the street opposite me, so intoxicated that they barely managed to walk in the same direction as each other. I stepped back further into the shadows to hide my face as I overheard their slurred conversations, listening to them cheering about how today was the last day of the winter term at school, interesting. I hope India's not too excited for the holiday's because without a doubt, she'll be spending them with me.

India.

I lazily dragged my hands along my work apron, ridding them of the coco powder that had previously dusted them whilst my eyes scanned the cafe. A sigh escaped my chapped lips as my eyes flickered towards the clock hanging on the wall, noticing that I still had roughly an hour until midnight, the exact time that finally frees me of my eight hour shift in this place.

A small smile graced my tired face as I reminded myself that I had officially finished school for the Christmas term but as usual over the past week, every thought that dared to dance across my mind was shot down by some sort of negative thought surrounding Justin.

This past week I had been consistant in keeping myself protected. I didn't stand much hope up against Justin and his distorted games so instead of confronting him I stuck to taking the cowards way out and avoided venturing out besides school incase I might collide with him. Sometimes, the cowards way out is the safer way out.

In reality there was no need for me to hide, if the boy was stupid enough to let my poor acting skills fool him then he's obviously let his dark side slip from within him. Maybe it was the fame, after using it as a type of cover that he draped over himself to hide the real him in order to protect his reputation as a teen popstar it could of slowly took over him, going unnoticed right infront of his own naive eyes. Or maybe he had just decided to give up, leaving it behind him with age.

My nimble fingers wrapped around the surface of the famous Starbucks cup I had just finished pouring the creamy content into, suprising myself that in the blur of my daze I had subconsciously fallen into I hadn't spilt the liquid onto myself.

"Iced cafee mocha!" I called out, my voice scarce from the lack of conversation that had occured today. My eyes darted around the room to land on a suited man attempting to raise his hand, finding it diffacult due to the various papers tucked underneath his forearm, the most likely important paper creasing as he desperately tried to make room to grab the beverage I was currently holding in my outstretched palm, the cardboard heat protector keeping my hand from burning at the touch of the scorching hot cup.