Chapter 3

Hey guys!!!!! I'm really sorry for the late upload!! ><" It's been pretty hectic lately so between that & injuring my tailbone ><" (still recovering from that) So I haven't really been thinking about uploading... but I will try to get this story really up and running in the next couple of weeks & get up some regular & longer uploads.  Love you guys!!! 

Chapter 3

It was bright. That was the first thought that came to mind. She slowly opened her eyes to look up at a wooden ceiling. Where am I? She blinked a couple of times as she slowly sat up and took in the room around her.

“Mama!”

Hearing Toby’s little voice calling out to her, she relaxed. A smile came to her face as she turned to see him running through the door. How could she not smile at the small bundle of joy heading towards her with a boyish excitement? He was one of the only good things that came out of those bleak last couple of years.

Toby jumped onto the bed, hugging her. “Hey, baby.”

He pulled away and pressed one of his tiny hands against her forehead. “Baby, what are you doing?”

“I’m checks your temcha!”

“And why would you need to check my temperature?”

“Shina says sleepy coz you tired. An Canda say maytee feebah. Whas sa maytee feebah? Is like my feebah?” Toby frowned. “Is mama sleepy coz Toby gib feebah?”

Just looking at his adorable face, eased away all of Christina’s worries for the moment as she listened to him asking her questions.

Christina ran her hand over Toby’s small head and smiled softly at him. “No, baby. Mama was just very tired and needed to rest.”

“Is mama tired coz Toby?”

“Of course not, baby. Mama is never tired of you. Don’t ever think like that.” She pulled him in for a tight hug.

“How many times have I told you, Toby? Your mama was just too excited that we were moving here that she was doing too much.” Shina was leaning against the doorframe as she sighed.

“Sowwy, Shina.” Toby giggled pulling away from Christina. “Mama! Can’t bweave!”

“Toby, why don’t you go let Cassandra know that your mama’s awake.”

“Kay, Shina!” Toby ran out the door calling out, “Canda! Mama’s wake! An Shina say I have cookie”

Christina smiled and Shina just shook her head. “We were worried, T.”