Chapter 2

Hey guys! Sorry for another short chapter but life has gotten in the way and I haven't really had time write anything up. As a sorry for posting up a week later than my personal deadline I'll try and get another chapter up sometime midweek. So without further ado, I give you....

Chapter 2

Xavier and Jed stopped in their tracks. The power emanating from that voice was undeniable. With grim faces, they set off once again towards the entrance where they could still hear chaos taking over. "Shit, Jed. What did we do to piss off a witch?"

"I don't know. The only one I've come in contact with was civil when I talked to her last week." He replied as they rounded a corner of the hallway.

Standing in the centre of the room was a woman hell bent on fury with two wolves flanking each side of her. Her head snapped in their direction as they came to an abrupt stop. "That was before you took something of mine, Jared Benson." Her voice turned deadly as her attention centred on Jed. The wolves growled, alerting them to how serious the offense was.

Jed's brow furrowed in confusion. "Unless I'm mistaken, we've never crossed paths before. So I don't see how I could have taken anything from you."

The witch's eyes narrowed as her fury grew. "Don't play dumb with me, boy." she hissed, "Did you think I wouldn't find out about your little run across your pack's borders? Or that you'd broken into my property and taken something from me?"

Realization came over him as he finally recognised the witch with whom he'd previously spoken to days ago, and of whom she was talking about. "Cassandra Bellingham." His tone turned defensive. "Christina is my mate. I only took what is rightfully mine."

"She may have been your mate, but no longer. She is now under my protection."

He scowled, "What's that supposed to mean."

Suddenly one of the wolves ran past Jed and down the hallway as a nurse came running up from the opposite direction.

"Oh, bloody hell!" Xavier took off running down the hall. "What happened?"

The nurse fell in line behind him. "Her bp has dropped dangerously low." They arrived outside Christina's room and could hear growling coming from inside. A wolf was standing in front of Christina's bed warning against anyone coming too close.

Another nurse that was backed near the door noticed Xavier with relief. "I didn't know what to do, Doctor. Her heart was dropping too fast so I took her off the sedative. She's still dropping but not as fast. Then this wolf burst through the door before I could check on her."

Xavier sighed. "This shouldn't be happening. The sedative shouldn't have been strong enough to almost induce cardiac arrest." He stared at the wolf standing protectively in front of Christina. "We can't help her if you don't let us near her."

The wolf began growling again. "How much did you give her?" Xavier turned around to see Cassandra in the doorway.

"Just enough to put a normal werewolf under."

Cassandra began to scowl. "She's not a werewolf."

"What?" Xavier looked shocked.

"She's human."

"But-but that's impossible. Christina was born a werewolf. She could not have changed from being a werewolf into a human."

"Shina, stand down. We can't do anything for Christina right now. Let the doctor help her. For all intents and purposes doctor, Christina is human. She has been for the last two years at least, since she came to me."

She looked towards where Christina lay peacefully on the bed. "Save her now, doctor. You can wonder about her change later. But for now, fix the problems you caused."