Chapter 1

Wow! 92 reads! That's more than what I'd expected lol! Thanks to everyone that's read my story so far and gotten my story to Werewolf #165 | Romance #605. It makes me blush thinking that there are people out there who like my story so far... ='-'=

Well I won't keep you guys any longer! Here's chapter 1 guys! Hope you like it <3

Chapter 1

He couldn’t believe it. Christina. It was really her. She’d come back.  He stared at her from across the room as she lay sleeping on the bed. He tried to commit the sight of her to memory in case this was just a dream and she was still missing.

He still didn’t know what she’d been doing at that house, but he was just glad that she’d come back. Heck, she’d given him the shock of his life when she popped out of that closet with a knife in her hands. Shock changed to relief, and then to worry when she struggled against him and proceeded to pass out in his arms.

He’d gotten anxious and decided to take her to see the pack doctor. Xavier had taken a look at her and told him that she had a fever. He was told that what she needed most right now was rest and to rehydrate her fluids. Xavier then proceeded to lay her on a bed in one of the vacant medical rooms and insert an IV drip. Jed was told not to worry and that the fever was only minor and she should be fine in a few hours.

He was relieved to find out that it wasn’t anything serious. But what concerned him the most was why she was hiding in the closet in the first place. The Christina he remembered would have confronted him downstairs in an offensive pose on the ready to attack instead of hiding upstairs, knife in hand. And her scent had changed. She smelled... almost human. But that was impossible, wasn’t it?

He should have known that she was there just by her scent, but then why had her scent changed? This was just another piece to add to the puzzle that was the Christina now lying here.

He let out a sigh of relief when he saw her eyes flutter open, but began to worry again when he saw the fear in her eyes. Her eyes quickly darted around the room and he could hear her soft murmurs, “No. No, no, no, no, no!” He walked across the room to comfort her, but as soon as he got closer she started to scream. “No!”

He realized something was wrong with her. “Xavier!” his voice boomed as Xavier came running through the doorway. “Something’s wrong with her!” The worry turned to fear when Jed watched as Christina proceeded to rip the IV out of her arm and tried to stab herself with it.

“Shit.” Xavier rushed over while telling a nurse that they needed to sedate the patient and to grab a new catheter. “We need to restrain her.”

Jed was watching in horror as he tried to reason with her. “Christina, baby please. Don’t do this to yourself. It’s me, Jed.”

“Jed!” He jerked his head towards the voice yelling at him.

“What?” He snapped.

Xavier was grabbing for the needle in Christina’s hands. “You’re not getting through to her. We need to restrain her before she does anymore harm to herself. You can try reasoning with her later. What we need to do right now is to put her under so we can figure out what’s wrong and so that her wounds can heal.”

Jed looked defeated as he held her arms down on the bed and Xavier did the same with her legs. The nurse came back in and swapped places with Xavier as he inserted the IV and injected the sedative into her system.

“No!” Christina was still struggling and was now crying as she stared at the IV drip. Slowly, her struggles began to get weaker as the sedative worked its way through her system. Seconds later she was asleep, tear marks staining her cheeks and blood dripping down her arms.

The nurse started to clean her wounds as Xavier motioned for Jed to follow him outside. Xavier sighed as he looked at Jed’s pained expression. “What happened, Jed?”

“I don’t know. She woke up and she started to freak out.” He ran a hand through his hair.

Xavier was deep in thought for a moment. “We need to talk to her parents as soon as possible. That little episode we saw before indicates that she must have been through something really traumatic. They must know something of what happened to her.”

It was killing him, not know what was wrong with her. She was so different from what he remembered. She used to be outgoing, daring and confident. But now, it looked as if there was only a broken shell of the girl that he once knew. “I’d already called them to let them know that Christina was here. So they should be here soon.”

There was shouting coming from down the hallway and Jed groaned. “What now?”  That question was followed by a loud BOOM and they could hear things crashing against the walls. Jed and Xavier took off running down the hallways towards the reception area when they heard someone yell out.

“Now, I’ll ask you one more time. WHERE IS SHE?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dun dun dun~! What will happen next? Stay tuned to find out next week in the continuation of this story ;D