Prologue

Hey guys! This is my first time posting up a story and don't know how good this will turn out. I'm kinda new to this so if you are reading this, please be kind to me and I welcome your criticism of this story. I know that this doesn't sound like a romance and you guys are probably thinking "huh?!" but if you have a bit of patience the story will hopefully unravel itself in my mind... It is all in there somewhere and will eventually come together. Hope you like it <3

~okamichan

Prologue

There was someone inside the house. She could feel it. All the lights were off and she couldn’t hear anything out of the ordinary. But still, she knew that there was someone in the house. She froze, panicking. Who could it be? Why would anyone be here at this time of night? And why didn’t they knock?

She froze. The first thought that came to her mind was that they'd found her. Oh god... please don’t let it be one of them. Anyone else but them. Hell, even an ordinary burglar would be welcome. There was nothing worth stealing in this house yet anyways. And why tonight of all nights when she was the only one here?

She should have waited another day before coming here. She’d insisted on staying with Tobey while he got over the last bit of his fever, but Cassandra had insisted that they had everything under control. That she should come and see that everything was delivered safely and the movers got everything in the right spot. And maybe she should have taken mum and dad up on their offer to stay the night instead of insisting that she would be fine on her own.

She heard the faint sound of footsteps. This woke her from her stupor and she tried to calm her fears. Trying not to make a sound, she slowly made her way towards the nightstand and grabbed the knife lying in the drawer. Listening to the footsteps that were still walking around downstairs, she made her way towards the closet and hid herself inside.

She didn’t know how long she stayed inside that closet for, but she hoped that whoever was out there couldn’t hear her heavy breathing.

The footsteps had only gotten louder, stopping right outside the door. Tightening the grip on the knife, she prepared herself to attack.

The door opened and she lunged, thrusting her knife out with a scream. The knife was deflected and flew across the room as she was restrained. She was furiously kicking and screaming, trying to escape as arms were wrapped around her successfully restraining her. Fear and dread slowly began to settle in the depths of her stomach when a voice penetrated through her panic stricken mind.

“Christina.”