Chapter 1

Stiles

My eyes slowly drifted open to see I was in a hospital bed. What? How did this happen?

"Stiles, if you don't want to race, fine, but get your nasally sounding ass in the water and test how long you can hold your breath." Without warning coach pushed me in the pool making my body go into a state of panic.
"Stiles!"

Oh, That's how. Coach is such a d!ck for doing that to me! Oh, screw that, I have bigger problems than that! My tattoo's ink is out of magic! Fudge my life! Now if I touch water I'll go fish boy, which is not a good thing. Of course I have powers to help me with my problem, but that's not enough. The moon, it's going to screw me over. It does things to my brain and makes me aggressive towards anything in my path.

"Hey Stiles, I'm glad to see you are okay man." I looked to my right to see Scott's smiling face glaring at me. Holy hot batman- I mean he's cute- I mean Gah!

"Hi Scott, how long have I been here?" His smiled stayed on his face but I could see his concern.

"About two days. Coach feels bad for what he did, and he said he'd give you another chance for the team if you wanted." Wow, that's a first. Coach felt bad for doing something that didn't involve a women.I'm flattered but I can't do it. Any water and I'm doomed.

"No thanks, I'll just go out for Book Club or something, I can't do swimming." He looked at me like I was the stupidest person in the world, yet I don't care. Hehe, he looks cute when he's confused. God why do I have to have a crush on this boy. Yes, I have a crush on him. Fight me.

It's a natural thing for our kind. Some female can impregnate other woman and males can have children so it's normal for us to have a attraction to someone of the same gender. Just so happens that my Best friend is my crush. Great, right? No, not really.

"Dude, you are crazy as hell for thinking that! I've seen you swim and you're great! Why can't you swim for the team?" He asked in confusion.

Oh honey, If only you knew.

"I had a bit of a accident a few months ago that made me scared of salt water, so I can't. I'm sorry." He stared at me for a second then nodded. I wonder what that was about, but anyways. I need to get out of here. I need to get to Deaton so he can give me another one of these tattoo's. Yes, Deaton know. He's the only one besides my dad that knows the truth of my family. Well, him and my 'friend' Brody but he's a story for later on.

"Okay buddy, I'll respect that. Listen, I got to go. I can hear Liam and Hayden calling for some reason, and it sounds important. See you later." He took off at full speeds, leaving me relieved.Thank god he's gone. Now I'm at peace with my hormones. Why must I like him so much.

"It's because you're 18 bro, aka your peaking age. Your mind thinks he's a good match for a mate." I nearly jumped out of my skin seeing a boy appear in the corner of the room.Raven colored Hair, Raven colored facial hair,grey beanie, blue eyes. It's my b- I mean 'friend', Brody. Huh, where did he come from?

"I haven't seen you in a couple months

"I haven't seen you in a couple months. Where have you been?" He sat down in the chair, threw his head back all with a happy expression.

"Ah, it don't mater right. Right now I want to hear more about that Scott McCall of yours. From what I've heard, you like him a good bit. Spill it." He demanded, closing his eyes. Damn him and his mental abilities. He's so freaking advance with it, so dang lucky. I can't complain though. I'm more advanced in physical abilities. Speed, Strength, Healing, Breath holding, Shape shifting..... that's some of the stuff I'm good at. He's good with telekinesis, telepathy, and a little bit of time. Yah, Brody's so powerful he can slow down time. Cool huh?

"Excuses you sir! I'm not the one that just randomly shows up and starts asking ques-" He cut me off real quick, saying somethings that shocked me out of my mind.

"Scott McCall, 17 years old about to be 18, lives about 5-7 minutes from your house, is a true Alpha, use to have asthma, has no dad around, hates seeing people hurt, Has B's and A's in all classes-"

"Okay! God, you stalker..." He lightly chuckled, earning my scolding glare.

"Thank you, I know I'm good.Now, tell me about him." I looked at him with a confused mug. He knows everything about him, so what could I possibly tell him that he doesn't already know?

"Well he's lost two girlfriends, has fought various monsters, his mom works at the hospital-"

"Stiles, you know that's not what I mean. Now tell me what you think of him, and bring it all from the heart." he stated firmly, moving to lean on his thighs. Brody now had this serious expression that I've hardly ever seen before. He's never gotten this serious in his life.

"Okay.... He's just the best person to me. Good personality, great smile, nice hair, amazing body, perfect teeth, a outstanding leader, and the Greatest most perfect friend I've ever had in my life." He didn't look up from the floor, just sat there with a smile on his face. What? I don't get what this is about.

"Stiles, you do know in our merman traditions a natural born relative must test and judge the chosen person to see if they are perfect for their family member." My eyes widened and he just glanced at me with a smug look. I shook my head, but he didn't listen.Of course he didn't, he's Brody.

"Don't you dare!" I threatened and it wasn't even effective. Figures.

"Oh yah, I am. Don't worry I'll go easy on him. Once your boy has been tested, you can test my Taylor to see if he's right if you want, but I'm doing thing with or without your permission. You need a mate before the full moon. We all know what happens if you don't. See you later brother, if you need me I'll be giving Scott his test." He chirped, then disappeared. Oh, please don't hurt my Bae bro.He's the best thing this fish has.

This book will be published on Saturdays <3