chapter one

the clicking of his boots against the cold concrete served for the only noise this early in the morning on the quiet streets of seoul. jungkook steadied his camera that was hanging around his neck by a thick strap with one of his hands, his eyes wide and scanning the area around him for any photogenic sights or places. he had a project in class that was due fairly soon, titled the four seasons. his teacher had explained that the photos didnt have to directly showcase the seasons, just had to represent or remind you of the feeling you get during each one.

jungkook hadnt even started thinking about what he wanted to do for each one, his mother had him very busy with doing practically all the chores in his household and caring for his younger brother while she was out, even though jungkook's brother was already thirteen. he left the house early this morning to get some time alone to work on his project, feeling that if he didnt think of something soon, he wouldnt ever get it done. he had decided to start with spring, that being the season currently taking place around him. jungkook didnt care much for this season, too many allergies and odd temperatures of weather that he couldnt keep up with.

jungkook sighed into the crisp morning air, silently praying that he would figure something out soon. he was looking off to his right, trying to see if he could spot anything, when a small tapping sound made him turn his head in front of him once again. there was a boy sat on a wooden bench a foot ahead of him, his legs bent in front of him and a notepad perched in his lap, his pencil tapping against it gently. the boy had soft pink hair, the color of cherry blossoms and summer sunsets. jungkook hadnt even thought of photographing people.

jungkook coughed awkwardly, "excuse me?" he said when he stopped in front of the bench, watching the boys head perk up in surprise at jungkooks voice. the boy just nodded and waited patiently for jungkook to go on. jungkook paused a moment, trying to figure out a way to not come off as creepy. "can i take some photos of you? i have this photography project due soon and this would really help me out. if- if you dont mind." jungkook explained hesitantly, not wanting to make the boy uncomfortable.

the boy picked up his pencil, using it to quickly jot something down on his notebook paper. when he was finished, he lifted it up in front of jungkook to show him. sure! sorry i look a mess right now but go for it! was what the paper read, in neat, swirly handwriting. jungkook wondered why the boy hadnt just said it out loud, but decided not to push on the matter because he was letting jungkook take his pictures even though he probably came off weirdly. jungkook almost wanted to tell him that he looked lovely, but decided against it at least for now.

"alright, this might sound odd but i want you to act just as you did before i got here. natural. just pretend you're alone again, yeah?" jungkook explained with his face already pressed against his camera, trying to find the perfect angel for the shot. the boy just nodded, tilting his head towards the sky in a way that made him look so beautiful, he almost looked like a cartoon character. the boy wore a long sleeved loose white top with various rips in the arms and a simple pair of fitting black jeans, much like the ones jungkook had on.

jungkook took many pictures, each of them better than the last and all of them better than anything else jungkook couldve come up with. when he took a total of twelve satisfying ones, he took a seat beside the boy. "ah, i forgot to ask your name." jungkook said, pushing his fringe away from his face. the boy wrote on his paper again, and when he showed it to jungkook with a smile on his face it said im taehyung! with a small smiley face neatly drawn beside it. jungkook smiled genuinely for the first time in weeks, "nice to meet you, taehyung. im jungkook."

...

a/n im such trash i swear. (i hope you like this so far! im really excited to start putting out regular chapters bc the idea is really cute and shit)

lots of love, namjoon1994 !