Chapter 3: Downtown

Chapter 3: Downtown

He walked me to his car, it was a dark blue pick up truck. He opened the passenger side door for me as I got in then walked around to his side.

After we had been driving for a few minutes I ask him, "so where exactly is this art of yours?"

"You'll see." He says smiling.

I roll my eyes at him as he pulls into an almost empty parking lot.

"Oh god," I say. "I knew you came here to murder me. So this is it?"

"Yes. Now come on."

He opens my door and pulls me out of the car. He grabs my hand and leads me towards an old abandoned building with the walls chipping.

As we turn the corner of the building, I see vibrant colors spray painted on the side of the building.

I gasp. "You did this?"

"Yeah." He says looking at me blushing.

"Wow. This is amazing!"

He laughs. "Thanks. Would you wanna try?"

"Hell yeah!" I say back.

"Okay, I'll go get the bag from my truck."

He comes back a minute later holding a bag full of different colored spray cans.

We were there for probably an hour, maybe more. And then we heard a siren.

"Oh shit!" He says. "We gotta go, now!" He grabs my hand and pulls me behind him as a police car starts to get closer.

We run around the corner, into an alley and hide behind a dumpster. We squat down and his body is right on top of mine holding me in place. We hear the police car drive past us but we stay like that another minute to make sure he's gone.

"You can move now." I finally say.

"I know." He says still not moving.

He's staring straight into my eyes and moving his face in closer to mine.

I push his chest back a little.

"Oh," he says pulling away from me. "I just got caught up in the moment I'm sorry." He looks down at his hands and I can see he's blushing.

"Look, you seem like an okay guy, but I just don't want a relationship right now. I'm not ready for that again."

"Okay, I get that. I'm sorry that I tried to kiss you. Friends?" He said holding out his hand for me to shake.

"Friends." I say grabbing his hand.

He pulls me up off the ground and we go back to the car.

"Thank you, for that. I haven't had fun like that in a long time. And I can't believe we almost got arrested!"

He laughs at me. "It was the most fun I've had in a long time too." He says looking over at me as he parks the car.