"Ammi"

"Hmm"

"I really miss you and Abbu. Can't we live together." I said while resting my head on her lap.

"Haha no beta it's always the culture that daughters have to leave their house and go to their husband's house." She said while raking a hand through my hairs.

"Am I disturbing you people." Shirana knocked on the door of my room.

"No habibti come sit here with us." Ammi smiled.

We chit chatted a little and soon the men of the house came after pleasing our Creator. Ammi threatened me to serve the men's claiming that I am married and should do some work while ammi accompanied Shirana in my room. Ammi is treating Shirana like her daughter and me like a daughter in law. I wonder my situation after Ahmish bhai marries Shirana.

I served the men's of our house and before everyone could start eating I reminded them of uttering Bismillah. Everyone was silently eating and Ahmad broke the silence.

"Ahmish when are you getting married by the way?"
Ahmish Bhai choked out his food and I coughed hiding my smile. Ahmad does not know Ahmish bhai is flat at his sister.

"Did I say something wrong?" Ahmad said while serving a glass of water to Ahmish bhai.

"No beta we are seeking girls for Ahmish. Suggest us if any." Abbu said to Ahmad and Ahmish Bhai was deep in thought.

I was passing the tray of custard to Ahmad and mistakenly his shirt was covered by a few drops of custard. I took him to the washroom to clean his shirt.

"Umm"

"What?" He asked

"Umm how do I say?"

"Just say it Ayesha."

"Actually I forgot some of the surah's." I uttered sadly.

"The hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari from Ibn 'Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him), that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: 'The likeness of the one who memorizes the Qur'aan is that of the owner of a hobbled camel. If he tends to it regularly, he will keep it, but if he lets it go, he will lose it.' (Al-Bukhaari, 5031). The Qur'aan "escapes" from the heart if the Muslim does not constantly and regularly review what he has memorized of it. Don't worry just keep on revising those surah's you will cover it soon."

"Okay." I said while passing him towel to wipe his wet hands and shirt.

"Since you are going through them again I would suggest you to learn the meaning of them simultaneously. Since we know urdu and urdu is made up of Hindi+Arabic+Farsi languages, the words of Quran and urdu corresponds and it is easy to remember. It is mentioned in Surah Al Maa'oon that 'So woe to those who pray (but) are heedless of their prayer.' [Al Quran 107:4-5]. Shaitan is very tricky, he makes you forget about things and when you stand up in front of your Lord during salah, he diverts your mind towards unnecessary things of this world, away from the Creator of the entire universe. When you know the meaning of each verse you can concentrate on your salah making it worth full and pleasing your creator. Over here heedless also means those who delay their salah and do not offer them on right time or those who offer salah for show offs"

"Hey by the way how do Shirana and Ahmish know each other?" He asked.

"Umm they met on the same day and on the same place when we met. I mean in the college and mistakenly Ahmish bhai spilled coffee on Shirana." I told him.

"Hmm ignore Shirana's words as she doesn't go well with boys. I mean in islam we are not allowed to talk softly to the non mahrams especially the females. "If you fear Allah , then do not be soft in speech [to men], lest he in whose heart is disease should covet, but speak with appropriate speech." [Al Quran 33:32]. So she was just following the Islamic rulings." Ahmad concluded to which I nodded.