A N O B S T A C L E C O U R S E ?

Start from the beginning

"Hey, watch where you're going!" They shouted, but at least they didn't say anything anymore.

We approached the large room that was King Vegeta's meeting room. Everyone stood in small group circles, while I stood alone. I knew no one would come to me to even have a small conversation, so I just waited until Vegeta came out.

Huh. I didn't expect Kakkarot to be here. Why is he here? Sure, we are both sort of equal in strength, but I don't want him getting hurt, or worse. He was so busy talking with other people, he couldn't make his way to me. I guess his father told some of his acquaintances about him finally finding his son. That's how rumors spread, I guess.

'I'm sorry.' He telepathically spoke to me, although he was talking to other people.

'It's okay. I can be on my own.' I spoke back with my eyes pointing at my feet.

I felt a little sadness hit me, and it went away.

Kakkarot...

Two claps emitted through the room and silenced everyone. Everyone, including myself, looked up at the balcony. There stood King Vegeta. He had a small smirk on his face.

-Vegeta's POV-

"A very strong group. I don't know how I didn't look over any of you."

I levitated over the ledge and slowly descended down with a gentle step. I looked at everyone's faces before speaking once more. My gaze stayed longer on Kakkarot and Broly. I knew I couldn't separate them, they were mated. It was pretty obvious. Kakkarot wanted to bunk with Broly, they hold hands, and they glance at one another without any words.

"Let's see. All women, raise your hands. Don't be shy, none of these men will rape you...hopefully." I mumbled underneath my breath, glancing around at the room. I realized no one raised their hand. "Really, no women?"

Everyone glanced around and they happened to shake their head or shrug. Strange. I knew that our population has grown highly on men, but where did the women go? I shake it off for now.

"Now, all of you will be assigned in groups of five since there are fifty of you. However, this doesn't mean you will be assigned with your friend. You will go through certain challenges to see what you can and cannot do. Once that's figured out, blah blah blah, you will then be chosen on teams based on that. Everyone got that?"

I watched as everyone nodded. Some even had the courage to say 'Yes sir'.

"Good. Now go back to your bunks, I got things to do, places to be."

"Wait, sir, I thought you said we were being placed on teams?"

I was heading up to my stairs again until I heard someone speak. I glance at the crowd of people with a small glare. "Who said that?"

I watch as someone timidly walked out. Kakkarot. Again, with this foolishness. I simply answered his question.

"I know what I said. I only said that to make you all come here faster. You really think I would automatically place teams without seeing your capabilities?" I say with a smirk and I scoff.

Kakkarot blushed in embarrassment and shook his head, rubbing his arm a bit nervously. "N-No sir."

"Alright. Now scurry on off, I have things to do and obstacle courses to make."

I then finally go to my room and close my door with a sigh. Finally...peace and quiet.

-Broly's POV-

"An...an obstacle course?" I questioned Kakkarot as we walked back to our bunks.

He nodded with a shrug-like face. "Yeah. It's kind of weird. An obstacle course for Saiyans. Couldn't we just blow that up?" He said and laughed a bit.

I snicker softly from his joke, but became serious again. "An obstacle course...why would Vegeta–"

"KING Vegeta."

I stare at my mate for a second with a dull expression. I sigh and repeat what I said.

"KING," I mocked his voice terribly on purpose, "Vegeta, make an obstacle course? He has never done that...or at least his father didn't."

"And how do you know?" Kakkarot questioned me a bit sassily, placing his arms crossed over his chest, pursing his lips slightly.

"You don't think I've been in this place time after time? I've been caught and places in dungeons for punishment, and I always broke out. I know the place like the back of my hand...except when Vegeta– KING Vegeta, changed the whole place."

Both Kakkarot and I went into our rooms, leaving the door open. I sat in a chair while he laid on the bed.

"What do you mean, Broly?" He questioned me.

"I mean, King Vegeta is changing this entire place for a reason. Something isn't right...using obstacle courses to choose teams...giving us our bunks together...being that kind– I have never seen him be that kind. Have you?"

Kakkarot stayed silent as he simply shrugged.

"Well I haven't. He was always the pain in the ass to his father."

"Broly!" He scolded me and slapped my knee in a punishing manner.

I simply sigh, running a hand through my hair. None of this was right...something is off. It really is. He wouldn't do all of this just to make teams...would he?