Part Five: Collapse

"B... Blake...." He shook at his memories again. "Jacob, listen. You're strong. If you made it through hell, you can make it back." He seemed to smile, but it faded as something started happening. They looked around, and the kitten scurried into Jacob's hood. The area shook rapidly. "Oh no..." He stood up, refusing to grab his cane. "What is it?"
"The cave's crumbling... We have to go to where we first came."
"But—" she was cut off by a collapsing Boulder crashing into a building. "Now!!" He took her hand and ran to the starting position. Boulders closed off the area and it went black. Niki screamed from her memories coming back...

15 years ago... (Niki, age 2)

She ran and ran from the old man who had raped her week after week, thankfully she was unable to get pregnant. "STOP!!" She yelled, but nobody heard. She kept running but the man was catching up. She hid in a pitch black alleyway. It was silent. Until the man grabbed her and forced her to her knees in front of him.

End of flashback.

He turned on the lamp as she screamed. "HELP!! SOMEONE!!!" He was able to comfort her and heard her story. It made him sick to his stomach. "The man is gone..." He spoke. Her words were shaky. "But my memories aren't..." He teared up. "He can't hurt you anymo—"
"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE!!!" She yelled. Seeing his reaction; the look, his eyes, his shaking, she realized what had happened to him. "No... No please tell me someone didn't—"
"At the orphanage I wasn't a person... I was a sex slave..." Hearing this, she froze. "H-How long were yo—"
"Until I was thirteen..."
They had both lost their innocence long ago, but Niki had come to realize that he had it worse, and didn't want to speak more on the matter. So they say in silence...
Until sobbing behind a solid wall was heard....

(His "parents" we're the only people who cared about him in the orphanage and Blake was his real brother)