Part Three: Cavern's Truth

He was motionless, his breathing shallow. She did everything possible; she had removed the wood, sewn his leg shut and disinfected it. She couldn't help but sob...
His hand then twitched, causing her to jump a small bit. "J-Jacob?!" He opened his purple eyes, looking at her. "Jacob!!" She sat him up and hugged him. "W-Where... Did you learn that...?" She smirked through her tears of joy. "M-My mom was a n-nurse..." He hugged her back and stood up, needing support from a walking stick he found to stand. Taking his hand, she walked to the exit of the underground town and continued walking.
Walking...
Walking....
"Hey... What's that...?" He looked at a darkened hallway. "I-I don't think we should—" but he was walking towards it anyway. She sighed and walked with him, turning the lamp on before seeing the room;
Bodies.
Dead, rotting bodies.
"What the hell?!" Jacob yelled in horror. Niki was already vomiting from the stench. But something was off to Jacob. He soon realized it.
The bodies weren't old...
They were new...
"we have to get out!!" Niki yelled as she wanted to run. Jacob speedran to her and took her hand before starting to head on the normal path. Niki was traumatized by the experience, shown from her reaction. They soon reached a caved in area with an old sign, hard to read from the years of wear.
EXIT.
At this point, Niki was horrified of the place. "HELP!! LET US OUT!!" She screamed as she clawed at the wall. Jacob was able to pry her off the wall and hugged her in an attempt of comfort. "I j-just want out..." She spoke meekly. "We will get out..." He was scared too, but was staying strong, although that wouldn't last forever. "And we will get home."
"Whatever it takes...."