Captured (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

***

You decided to talk to Natasha after the two of you finished your training session which was just about to end.

You groaned as you fell to the floor, again. Natasha had pinned you down for what seemed like the hundredth time. She sighed and reached for your hand which you took in yours. She pulled you up and looked at you with a frown. "What's up?" She asked. "You're distracted. What's wrong?" She asked now sounding more worried. Natasha had always been like a big sister to you. She always knew when something was bothering you, she was always there for you. She was always ready to punish anyone who hurt you.

"Can we," you started, pointing behind you towards the changing rooms, "go talk somewhere more private?" You asked as you looked around the gym, seeing few others training.

Natasha just nodded, took a hold of your wrist and dragged you to the changing room. She sat you down on a bench and crouched down in front of you, looking worried as ever. "Y/N, what's going on? You're freaking me out. I never freak out."

You let out small chuckle and shook your head. "It's nothing that you should be worried about. It's about me and Steve."

Natasha stood up abruptly. "What did he do?" She asked with an angry look. "Did he hurt you? Is he too rough with you? I knew you were too fragile for a super soldier—"

"No! No, it's not that," you interrupted. "I mean the sex is great, really amazing—" Your eyes widened, realising you were getting off topic. "That's not what this is about. The thing is... I found—"

"A hidden camera?"

You looked up at her with a slight blush creeping up on your cheeks. "What? No! Will you let me finish?" There better not be any hidden cameras in our bedroom.

Natasha rolled her eyes and sat down next to you, taking your hand in hers. Encouraging you to go on.

You took a deep breath before you started speaking again. "I found a box in his sock drawer today. A small velvet box."

"A ring box?" She asked quietly.

You shrugged, "I'm not sure. I didn't look inside. He came out from the shower so I just threw it back in."

"Did it look like a ring box?"

"Yeah, it did."

"Wow."

"I know."

There was a short silence between the two of you until Natasha spoke up again. "If it is a ring and he's going to propose," she started as a small, hopeful smile made its way to her lips. "What would you say?"

You covered your face with your hands and let out a muffled groan. "I don't know," you muttered and leaned back against the wall behind you. "I love Steve, I really do. But are we ready to get married?" You asked and looked at Natasha with a worried look on your face. "And when the hell would we even have the time? We save the world for a living. We can't really take a break from it."

"You do know you're not the only ones who are able to save the world, right?" Natasha asked you and you rolled your eyes. "I'm sure you could take some time off." She said and threw and arm around your shoulders, pulling you closer to her. "But the most important question is," she started and looked at you with a small smile. "Do you want to marry Steve?"

And you thought about it. Steve getting down on one knee, holding the box open as you stared down at the ring with tears in your eyes. Steve asking you "Will you marry me?" With a nervous and hopeful smile on his face. You nodding, whispering "Yes." as tears fall down your cheeks. Steve sliding the ring on your finger, standing up and kissing you.