Chapter 46

Shailene POV

One Month Later, Beginning of December.

    Finally it's December, that's a good and bad thing. Good because that means break is quickly approaching but bad because finals are about to start. I've been studying for a decent amount of time for all of my classes, I have to finish strong. I pull into the school parking lot and sit there for a few moments, this first semester has went by so quickly. It feels like yesterday was my first day of classes. It was crazy and hectic but I was glad that I decided to come here for college.

    Everything has been going great, my friendships with everyone and my studies. I don't know what I'll do with Theo though, we have gotten a lot closer within this last month and I think I am finally realizing my true feelings for him. The first time I kissed him on the cheek something clicked within me, I wonder if he felt it too. I'm trying so hard to wait until after I'm done with his class, but it's getting harder and harder each time we hang out. We've gotten closer to each other and much more comfortable.

    I walk through the cafeteria to my usual table and I see Ana and Daren already there. Ana is waving me over so I walk quicker over there because she looks very excited. I sit down and she's practically bouncing with excitement. "Finally you're here Shai! Great! I wanted to talk to you guys this morning about Christmas break... both of you are heading home right?" I nod and look over to Daren and see him doing the same thing. "Perfect! I was wondering if sometime during the break... you guys would want to come over and stay at my place for a day or two... my family would love to meet you and I think it would be an amazing thing to have you guys over."

    I smile as Daren cheers, "Party at Ana's place during break!" She laughs, "Awesome! I was really hoping you guys would say yes." She kisses Daren's cheek and looks over at me, "This is going to be so much fun! The first time going home since college started!" All of a sudden Daren's expression changes as he is startled, "I would love to stay and talk about this, but I just realized that I didn't turn a paper in so I'll be back in 10 minutes." He quickly gets up and kisses Ana, "I'll see you soon baby," And then he looks at me, "And you too Shailene." He starts running with his book bag out of the cafeteria.

    Ana looks at me, "Perfect timing... I actually wanted to talk to you about something." I feel my heartbeat start to speed up, whenever someone says they need to talk to you it usually means something bad. I quickly think of all the possibilities, did something happen with Daren or her family? Did I say something that offended her? Was something happening with school? "What's going on with you and Theo?" My heart beats faster, what happened with Theo? "Still friends... I don't know... Ana I am starting to like him a lot!"

    She smiles, "Maybe you should invite him to go to California with us, what could it hurt? I mean he could be back here for the holidays, I think it would be good for you guys." I debate on it, I wonder what he would say. "Wait, what about Daren?" She nods, "We should tell him, soon. I can see how happy Theo makes you and it's just about time you guys figure out what is happening between you guys! So why not figure it out with a trip to California!" I smile big, "I'll talk to him about it and see what he says, tell Daren tomorrow night?" She nods, "sounds like a plan!"

A/N; 2 more chapters after this and then I'll be working on the sequel! After I release the final 2 chapters I'll be taking a week off from this story then I'll release the sequel!

<4