I called a cab and successfully made it all the way home without breaking down in the car. I successfully packed up my bags and called another cab to take me to the airport where I didn't shed a single tear. And I successfully booked a flight home for now and didn't melt down the whole plane ride home.

But now, as I stood at baggage claim, I dialed Vanessa's number. She answers on the fifth ring.

"Hello?" She answers on the fifth ring. "Laura? How are you calling right now? Are you back in the states?"

"C-can you come get me from the airport, Ness?" I ask.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asks.

"H-he didn't make it. Great Uncle Lorenzo's dead and my fucking dad showed up and told me who he was. I l-left as soon as p-possible. Can you p-please just get here soon so I c-can go home and cry?" I ask, all in a couple breaths.

"I'll be there in less than a hour. Stay strong, Laur, okay?" The sadness in her voice was evident as well.

• • •

"Let it all out, Laur." Vanessa says, the second she envelopes me in a hug. I didn't care if we were standing in the middle of baggage claim. I let all my tears go. I gripped the back of her shirt hard, I cried loudly, I dry heaved, I even felt Vanessa cry a little. "Hey, shhh, why don't we get you home." She whispers.

"O-oh-okay." I reply. She gives me a weak smile before picking up my backpack and rolling along two of my suitcases. "Thanks." I whisper.

"Do you wanna stay at my place or go home?" She asks.

"H-home. I wanna be a-alone for awhile." I reply.

"Alright." We finally make it to the car and the ride home was silent. "He's a douche, Laur. Don't feel the need to forgive him." I nod slowly, staring at my house. "Don't try anything you'll regret. I'm a phone call a way. And Ross is home in six days. Make it until then." I sigh and walk inside, going straight to my bedroom.

I hate my life.

| Ross Lynch |

"Hey, come look at this house, Ross." Rocky says, motioning me over to his laptop. Tours over in two days and all of us are rushing to rent a house so we're not stuck in our parents' house for who knows how long. "Two stories, master bedroom with a connected bathroom, bonus room, two regular bedrooms, two in a half bathrooms, pool out back, big garage... It's like down the road from mom and dads house, too."

It's been decided awhile ago that Rocky, me and Ryland are going to rent out a house and make our garage a studio like our last house. While we do that, Riker will move into Vanni's apartment for awhile until they find a house to rent, and same with Rydellington who already have a house to rent but can't move in for another few weeks.

"Nice." I mumble, looking around. "You get master I get bonus and Ryland chooses one of the other rooms?" I ask. Ryland and I each decided Rocky should get the master room because he's the oldest and then Ry let me get the bonus 'cause I'm older than him.

"Yup." He replies. "Should I put an offer?" He asks.

"Go for it. It's nice." I reply. He nods and turns the laptop back to face him. "Hey, is it weird that Laura hasn't answered any of my Skype calls for the past five days?" I ask. We all know that Rocky is the best at giving advice in any subject. So I may as well get some advice on how to handle all this. He stopped typing and looked at me.

"Didn't her uncle just get heart surgery?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say. He shrugs and looks back at the computer screen.

"Then she's probably spending some time with him or something." He replies. I groan. "Look, don't stress about it, okay? If she doesn't get back to you a few days after tour, then maybe get ahold of Jess. Isn't that her best friend?"

"You're right." I mumble. "I'm probably just over reacting." He nods and shuts his laptop. "You did it?" I ask.

"Yup. Won't know for a few weeks, though. Says once we get it, or if we get it, we can move in right away." Yawning, I rub my eyes and nod at the same time. "Dude, try and get some sleep, to. Don't stress over the fact she's not answering. Watch some of her YouTube videos or something to help you fall asleep."

"Damn, Rocky. That's actually a brilliant idea!" He rolls his eyes and stands up.

"Come on." I follow him out of the room as we both walk to the meet n greet area outside.

• well, a emotional chapter for sure. and a crappy chapter as well. can't have both of those things perfect. please don't hate me for making this so bad. heads up, you may hate me again soon. stuff is about to go down... don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me. love you, babes💜

On a further note, I got tagged in this thing so...

1

1. Straight
2. Female
3. Most the time
4. Blonde
5. Friends theme song (fav show)
6. Aquarius
7. Haven't had it yet 😔
8. Purple
9. A dish my mom makes that I call cheesy chicken and rice
10. 90%
11. Ethan Dolan
12. I hate veggies 😂
13. Blue
14. 8 1/2 or 9
15. Musician or actor (never gonna happen)

Sorry if I tag you and you've already done it!
readmorelynch
austinandallywriter
latenight_writer
Patsyfaye_32