"Morning," Mitch whispered quietly. Scott practically jumped out of his skin, heart pounding and pulse rising as he set a hand over his thumping heart.

"Jesus fuck, Mitch! A warning next time please!"

Mitch laughs deep in his chest, trying to be at least a bit quiet to salvage the rest of the houses' sleep, but he couldn't help the small giggles that escape him. Scott tried to scowl and put on a mean face but watching Mitch clutch his stomach and his mouth, he couldn't help but smile and chuckle along, though his heart was still pounding from the scare.

"God, okay, that's enough, I get it," Scott laughed, turning back to his cooking to make sure nothing started to burn or overcook. He flipped the pancake currently in the pan, revealing a perfectly done side, golden and flawless.

"S-Sorry, that was just so goddamn funny," Mitch whimpers as he wipes the tears falling from the corners of his eyes. Scott just shakes his head with his back facing the cackling boy, smiling ear to ear. God, if he wasn't fully wake before, he was now. Just being in the same vicinity as the exuberant boy shook his bones and rattled his core. He just couldn't rest with him around, but in a delightful way. He didn't want to rest with him around, because then he might miss something he'd do, and Scott couldn't do that.

After Mitch got himself together, he shuffled to hop onto a small space of empty counter, not tarnished by the assortment of ingredients Scott had out. He swung his legs a bit as he talked.

"So what are you doing?"

Scott let out an indignant puff of air, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"What does it look like? I'm cooking," He stated as though it was the most obvious thing ever. Mitch just grinned and rolled his eyes.

"No, goof, I mean what are you doing up at this ungodly hour?"

"Well, I woke up. And was very hungry. So now I'm making breakfast to feed the whole neighborhood," Scott answered, flipping the finalized pancake onto a plate and beginning the next one, pouring the thick mix onto the pan.

Mitch hummed, watching silently as Scott worked. Silence slowly enveloped them and the only noise heard was the small sizzling of the pan and the small hum of the gas oven. Soon Scott was flipping the next pancake to the plate, and before he poured a new one, he took a small glance to his right to find Mitch watching him carefully, and somewhere in his eyes was a glint of something. Curiosity, maybe.

"Do you wanna do the next one?"

Mitch's gaze faltered from the stove to look up at Scott with a dumbfounded expression.

"Do you really want that? I'd probably burn this place down,"

Scott threw a small smile and chuckle Mitch's way before slowly turning off the burners and discarding the finished pancake on the plate. There was a pretty hefty stack already, and Scott could stop, but now Mitch was here. And when Mitch was there, he usually didn't think the straightest.

"Come here," Scott pestered, pulling out new ingredients. Mitch looked at him with skeptical brown eyes, slowly lowering himself onto the linoleum floor. Scott made room for him and Mitch squeezed in.

"Okay, let's start with the batter. This part's easy," Scott pulled out the butter, a few mixing cups, a mixing bowl, and a whole bunch of other shit that didn't even make sense to Mitch.