Baggage

{A/N

Hello... Does anyone remember me? No, not dead. Busy as hell, though, and trying my hardest to get these chapters to y'all!

Kinda short but I needed a Segway before we get into the fun chapters to come very very shortly. Also, I know when you take big tests you don't get the scores back right away but for the sake of the plot we're just gonna have to deal, Kay? Kay. Also my writing is starting to suck but I'll get better once the more fun chapters come up.

You know that feeling when you read some REALLY good writing and then you're like, "wow, I should never write again because I'll never be that good." lol same. Ok love you guys!!!!!!}

Mitch left shortly after the movie ended,  the caffeine finally wearing away and his exhaustion playing its role again. He didn't really what to leave, but it felt like he was just teetering on and off the edge of sleep and he really didn't want to burden Scott by crashing at his place. He was glad to have spent so much time with Scott again after the week that felt so long away from each other, those days that felt like a storm cloud was permanently casted over his head and rain and loneliness over him, over them both. The time they spent together was not only fun and made Mitch feel a lot less lonely, it also helped to scare away all the reoccurring thoughts he'd had when he was alone in his dorm for a whole seven days of solace. He wasn't alone anymore. Those thoughts didn't hold him captive anymore.

He fell asleep soon after making it to his room, whereas Scott couldn't even begin to dream of sleep.

He was jittery and excited, and it was no longer the coffee's doing. He was so ecstatic that Mitch, the same Mitch, had actually agreed to spend Christmas with him back home, across the country. It didn't feel logical and it didn't feel very real, but Scott planned on taking this and running with it. He was going to make this the best goddamn trip Mitch had ever been on, considering their last trip was rather... Depressing, to say the very least. Every time he replayed the conversation in his head, his chest filled with warmth and his heart stuttered and he was sure he'd never been so excited to go back home for Christmas.

And then, exhaustion hit him so fast he ended up passing out on the couch. With excitement, of course.

But, when he woke up the next morning, he couldn't hide his energy, or his intense smile, as he picked up his phone and called his mother.

"Hey, mom!"

He felt his pinky finger tapping on his leg, somehow trying to channel his excited energy. It felt like he was high off life. He almost felt sloshed in a way, like he'd taken one too many shots, yet he was so sober and so hyper-aware that it felt like he had three or four cups of coffee. His knee was bouncing and his lips were drawn in a smile, bottom lip between his teeth.

"Hey honey! How are things up there? Got a boyfriend? Girlfriend? I feel like we haven't spoken in so long!" Scott sighed. It was so good to hear her voice, even though he called last week and she had said the exact same thing. Hearing her voice settled him a little bit, made him think about home and family and distracted him for a minute. God, he missed his family and he was more than excited to see them. Even when he was far away, across the country, he never failed to think of them at least once a day, even through all the chaos of campus life. They'd always been such a support system throughout his life and he loved them always.

"Things are good, mom. No, no special people, I promise. I called you last week! It hasn't been too long. So how is it down there? Everyone doing well?" Despite his excitement, he did want to take a moment and hear about his home life. He'd been away for a few years and he rarely, if ever, got to go back home. He cherishes those times he can visit, and when he can't, he usually wants to hear all about them and what's going on. He tries to stays in the loop of things even thousands of miles away.