Chapter 1-Selfish Girls

Chapter 1

Napahikab si Hailey. Natapos na siyang mag-unpack ng mga gamit niya. Her grandpa sent a few people yesterday to fix her things in her dorm. The Girls' Dorm has 500 rooms and has two girls in each one. Nasa room 003 siya. That means nasa second floor siya. Receiving area kasi ang nasa first floor at nandoon din ang clubroom at and large pool with the shower rooms although, meron namang bathroom in each dorm room. Wala pa ang roommate niya kaya napalagayan niyang lumabas muna and get familiar with the place.

Maybe I'll have a taste of their cafeteria food, she thought.

Napunta siya sa labas ng Dorm. Maraming naka-abang sa gate ng school. Para bang may artistang dadating. Sabagay, di naman ito nakakapagtaka. Some of the artists that captured the hearts of many people around the world are from here. Kids of famous people are being educated here. Diretso lang siyang pumunta sa direksyon ng cafeteria. It's the third largest building in this campus so as the schoolbook say. Curious siya sa kaganapan sa gate pero she's more curious about the food they serve here. PG kasi siya eh. Hahahaha.

She sat down and waited for a waiter/waitress to come her way. Yes, merong nag-seserve. Para kasing resto ang cafeteria ng school pareho sa dorm na parang hotel. May lumapit naman sa kanya so she ordered her snack, dark forest cake with chocolate mousse and a pineapple juice. Yum!

"Your food will be served in a minute, Ma'am." Sabi ng waitress.

"Call me Hailey. Mapapadalas na ako dito for sure..." she looked at the pin on the young waitress, "Kairah," ngumiti siya nito.

"Okay, Ma-I mean Hailey." Nginitian siya nito pabalik.

"Thanks....cute name by the way." She said sweetly. The girl blushed then walked off. She shrugged. Maybe she'll make her a friend. Palagay niya na working student ang babae ng school.

She's used to talking to servants in her house. That's the reason why she learned to speak Bisaya. Wala naman kasi siyang kasama na kaedad niya. Her grandpa's mansion is surrounded by wide lush of green grasses, trees, and coffee beans. They're the producer of coffee beans throughout the whole country and are currently expanding overseas. Ang nandoon lang ay mga workers ng Hacienda Caffeincio that's almost twice her age. Her brothers and sisters are already working at her dad's company since their age are about six to ten years older than hers. Wala siyang ibang kausap kundi ang mga yaya niya, ang guards, and the workers who let her help pick up coffee beans. Her grandpa is travelling around the world for his passion and rarely goes home. She's pretty much lonely.

"Ms. Hailey, your food," a voice called out.

"Ah. Salamat and drop the Ms. Your my friend now, okay?" sabi ni Hailey sa namumulang Kairah.

Namangha si Kairah sa kabutihan ng dalaga. Wala pa siyang nakitang isang estudyante dito sa V.A. na nakikipaghalubilo sa mga working class na katulad niya. "Working Class" and tawag ng mga students dito sa mga working student na katulad niya.

"Ah Ms. Hailey, hindi po kasi pwede." Nahihiya niyang sabi.

Kumunot ang noo ni Hailey. Namangha na naman si Kairah kay Hailey. Ang ganda naman niya! Kyaah. Nakakatibo! Isip ni Kairah. Parang white coffee ang kutis ni Hailey, napakaayos ng natural na curba ng kanyang mga kilay, maganda ang kanyang malalaki at brown na mga mata, matangos ang kanyang ilong at parang labi ng Barbie doll ang kanyang mapupulang mga labi. Cute ang shape ng kanyang mukha at light brown ang kanyang mataas at wavy na buhok. May katangkaran din ang dalaga.

"Bakit hindi pwede? It's not like it's a crime if we humans talk to another human .It's a natural thing to communicate. Does your manager even know that that is why we humans survived this whole time? Because we "talked" to one another." Mahabang paliwanag ni Hailey.