Chapter One | In The Beginning |

This is the edited version , if you read this story already , some parts you may of liked have maybe been removed while I was editing.

Thanks to everyone who read  ;)

{ Erin in the media box }

***

My heart was galloping inside my chest. It made sense, considering what I was about to do. Any minute now, she would walk through the doors, and I would finally come face-to-face with the woman who had trotted off into the sunset with my husband, making me a single mother to my two little boys.

Two years earlier, I'd learned about her existence in a private investigator's report. I remember staring at her black-and-white image, too shell-shocked to cry. She was photographed walking toward my husband's hotel room door, overnight bag in hand, a pillow tucked under her arm.

"Don't you know that hotels have pillows?" I'd wanted to shout, but it was pointless. I had to swallow my pride and move on.

My husband didn't make it easy. A few days after I'd seen the report, he confessed to his year-long affair and asked me to give our marriage another try. "I made a mistake," he said. "I'll come home earlier from now on, we'll have dinner together, we can be a family."

My gut told me this was all wrong; that if he really loved me, he would never have had an affair in the first place. I felt beaten and betrayed, unloved and unloveable, but I knew I deserved better. Divorce was our only option.

***