Chapter 5: Fighting For You...

We walked in comfortable silence. The coldness from the wind doing nothing to damper my happiness. I was reunited with my Akira and that was all the happiness I could need. I had the distinguishing feeling of eyes on me. I brushed it off, believing it was nothing, choosing instead to bask in the sun and feel utterly and completely happy for once in what seemed like a millennium.

Walking along Akira I instinctively reached for his hand. I felt him tense up before he look down at me. I could feel his gaze on me, studying me, wondering what I was thinking of, after a few moments he relaxed and looked ahead of us. I could feel that he wanted to ask me something.

"What is it Akira?" I asked him.

"Huh? What?" He looked at me. Then looked away scratching the back of his head. "How did you know that I was going to ask you something? Are you psychic or something?"

I couldn't help but laugh at his adorable face all scrunched up in confusion.

"I know you better than I know myself. So I know that look on your face when you want to ask a question. So what is it?"

"Well, um, I just wanted to know why you were crying earlier?"

It was silent when I looked into his eyes and saw the worry laced in them. I looked away from him. I hadn't realized he had noticed, or would even care to know why. I stopped and was in the middle turning to answer him, but before I could. Something flashed in the distance catching my eye. When I turned to see it. A bullet came flying towards us. I quickly pushed Akira to the ground, barely missing to bullet. I could feel the heat of it as it whizzed by and from the quick whiff I got of it. I knew it wasn't just an ordinary bullet, or a bullet to kill a regular vampire. It was a specialized bullet just for purebreds just like myself.

I turned to the direction of the bullet.

"Who dare tries to harm me? What a coward you must be to hide in the shadows of the dark."

In the faint distance I heard footsteps approaching me. And out of the darkness came a man with dirty blond hair. About 5'8, athlete built, he was wearing a white suit with a black undershirt he hand one hand tucked in his pocket the other holding a gun. When his eye meet mine they were a light Green color that would have been beautiful if it wasn't for the dead look in them. He eyed me up and down. Behind me I heard Akira getting up. He took a side glance at Akira before giving me his full attention.

"Why, why, do my eyes deceive me or have I just stumbled onto the Princess all alone with nothing but a puny human to protect her. This must be my lucky night. And here I thought that killing you would be such a hard task. It's obvious to see that all my planning is going to all go to waste. Oh well."

"Who are you and who sent you?"

"Princess we have the place surrounded ready for you to give the order and we'll attack." I heard Vera say through my ear piece.

"Stand down until I give you the order." I whisper lowly so that only she can hear me.

"Why, where are my manners? Princess, please forgive me and let me introduce myself. I am Sir Alexander Ashwin Osmer ii. And I , my dear Princess, am here to kill you." He replied with an evil glint in his eyes.

 "Well Sir Alexander, what makes you think that you could kill me?" I replied in a mocking tone as I walked closer to him, and when I was a few feet away from him. I started to circling him. His eyes followed my every move. his body was tense waiting for me to make a move.

"Oh Princess I don't think I can kill you, I know I can." He said as he raised the gun and pointed it at me. I stood there waiting. From behind me I heard Akira move again.