29| Father

Arisu's Pov.

•••
"This flower is called Sunflower, it makes you smile when you just look at it and makes you refreshed when you smell it" My mother, Lacie said while patting the 10 year old me.

"Sunflower?" I repeated in english as we were in America back then.

"Yes, why would you take some for Jude and ask him to come here in the garden?" She asked me as I nodded with a huge smile in my face.

That's when I started to love sunflowers, it reminded me of the bright emitting light from above.

"Father, here are some sunflowers!" I said as I handed my father a bunch of flowers in my grasp.

"Thank you, Alice" He said while taking the sunflowers with a smile on his lips, I could see his happy.

"Mother said that I should send you this and tell you go to the garden! She's waiting for us there" I said as he held my hand and nodded.

We walked through the garden and spotted my mother in the garden while picking up fresh sunflowers.

"Alice my dear, when you grow up and find a boy who you love hand him some sunflowers in our garden, okay?" She said to me as I could only nodded in reply.

"Lacie! What are you telling to Alice?" Jude, my father said while his eyebrows furrowed.

"Alice wouldn't be our little girl forever you know? She'll grow up and find the boy she loves" My mother said while chuckling.

"B-But...Alice will always be my adorable daughter!" My father said while hugging me tightly.

"Of course, remember what I said Alice, alright?" She said to me while I nodded in reply.

"Yes, mother!" I beamed happily.

Yes, that's what my father is like back then...he has this caring attitude and warm embrace but nothing beats his huge smile in his face.

We were so perfect back then, how did it go wrong? I can't think of a reason but my mother's death...
•••

I've finally reached my father's house--mansion in fact, the statues are huge as always no matter how I look at it.

It's been awhile since I last came here...I missed it alot.

"LADY ALICE" I heard someone called my name in english as I saw the maids and the butlers ran up to me.

"We miss you, Lady Alice!"

"Where have you been all this time? We've been really worried"

"Lady Alice~!"

I-I need to break free from they're bone crushing hug as fast as I can, I need air to breathe.

But you know what? I almost forgot how to speak in english, I wasn't in Japan for that long...so why?

"Lady Alice, Master Jude is requesting for your appearance" One of the maids said to me as everyone released me from they're bone crushing hugs.

"Father is...?" I questioned in english as she nodded in respond.

That guy...can't he at least go down and greet his own daughter? He even has to summon one of his maids to call me.

"Understood" I said as she leaded me through the huge house--mansion!

Nothing really changed here as a sign of nostalgic hit me, the area was as big as always.