17| Footsteps

Arisu's Pov.

"Everything but your heart"

That phrase from Tobio-kun kept repeating on my head like a broken record disc, it's been bothering me lately, to the fact I can't sleep.

What does he mean by that?!

I thought as I rested my face on the table, while my cheeks were flushed, I'm sitting on the classroom waiting for homeroom to start.

Love...is never simple.

"Arisu" A voice called as I looked up to the owner of the voice, it was Shouyou-kun who just arrived.

"Are you alright? Your cheeks are bright red" He added while he gave me a worried look.

"I-I'm okay! How about you, why were you absent yesterday?" I asked him as I noticed he averted his gaze making my eyebrows furrowed.

"I wasn't feeling well" He said.

Then the teacher came as we raised up and greeted her like the usual routine in the classroom.

>>Time Skip>>

It was lunchtime, and I used that time to go the library, to study some previous material.

In my surprise, a black haired beauty sat beside me which made me turned to her, she has a gentle smile on her elegant face as always.

"Hello Kisaragi-san, it's unusual to see you without Hinata-kun" She interjected as she flipped open the book she grabbed from the shelves.

"He said he'll practice volleyball and I wanted to study because there might be a surprise quiz this afternoon" I nonchalantly said while reading the articles as I yawn.

"Are you sleepy?" She asked me.

"Yes, didn't get much last night...there was a new episode of Fairy Tail after all" I said remembering what I watched yesterday.

"You should sleep properly, it is bad for the skin if you didn't" She said as I nodded in reply before I get into studying the lessons.

Some minutes have passed since we sat here, then I decided to ask a question to her.

"Hey Shimizu-senpai, I have a question" I started as I turned to her.

"What is it?" She asked me without looking at me.

"A friend of mine is confused, she said that she loved the first guy but...then she told me that she have fallen for the other" I said while I looked down on my hands, while explaining my situation.

Then she closed the book and turned her full attention at me, while she flipped her glasses.

"So, your saying this girl has fallen for both of them?" She asked.

"Yes, that seems to be the case" I said, confirming her.

"A single wrong step can make her lose both of them, If she started to like the first guy before the second guy but eventually falls for both of them...then" Shimizu-san trailed her theory as I gestured her to continue.

"...If she really loved the first one, she wouldn't have fallen for the second"

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

Up until now, I'm still confused in what Shimizu-senpai said, it left me dazed and confused.

N-No, I'm in love with Tobio-kun! There's no way I'll fall for Shouyou-kun, I mean...Yachi-chan is in love with him!