Chapter 43

"She's on a path leading to nothing but pain and destruction." I felt a hand brush a sensitive part of my head. I winced immediately making the hand move away. I fluttered my eyes open settling my blurry vision on the ceiling. I took a minute to gather everything before heard a soft voice.

"Breanna." My eyes furrowed confused as I turned my head slightly. Carl. His blue eyes lightened as he flashed a smile. My memories of the pervious fight had flooded back in instantly. I raised my hand to my head and winced. I pulled it away then sat up. I glanced over at the man I killed. I gazed at Willow as she smiled. That was her voice.

"Who's on a path to pain and destruction?" I asked while pulling my feet off of the couch and setting them on the ground. Willow and Carl exchanged concerned glances.

"No one." I paused for a moment studying their body language. They squirmed under my suspicion. I rolled my eyes then stood.

"I'm fine." They stood up with me.

"You were just grazed by a bullet where are you going?" Willow asked dumbfounded. My katana was on the floor next to the couch. I reached down grabbed it then returned back up.

"I'm gonna go save some more people." They blinked twice confused.

"How is killing them saving anyone?" Carl asked gesturing towards the wolf on the floor. I leaned closer getting in his face.

"It saved your ass from killing him didn't it?" My voice reaked of arrogance yet my face stayed in a stale frown. He stared back concerned giving me a chance to realize how much of a dick I was.

I backed up then walked over to the door. I left the house and headed to the infirmary. Once I arrived I opened the doors. A bullet flew past me and into the wall behind me. My breath leaped into my stomach until she lowered the gun. I glared at her as she apologized. I sighed taking the gun away from her like a child.

"Just go hide upstairs, I'll keep this place safe." She nodded hesitantly then went upstairs. I exhaled keeping an eye on the door, waiting.