"Stop fighting with your wife. It will cause awkwardness, we need to work as a team if we need to search the file and it will not be possible if you keep considering her as a cheat or insult her every five minutes."

"I will try to put her past aside and try focusing on the present and act pleasant, though I can't promise to act all sugary with her."

---------------------------

Perspiration dewed my lips as I walked the length of the big, dining room with its carved furniture, tracked every step of the way by Aahil's cool appraisal.

"I knew this would be a great idea," he stated.

I flushed, self-conscious the way he was staring at me with admiration.

Admiration? Was I mad?

Aahil insisted that we have lunch together as he had been tied up in work for the past days and we were hardly giving an impression of a newlywed couple to the onlookers and he did not wish for our families to worry over that.

"The colour of the dress looks stunning on you."

It was a simple red dress which I had chosen in preference to the dozen more expensive-looking outfits.

The rich and famous Sir Aahil not to forget the egoistic and dominant too. He of all the people was complimenting me? Did he wake up with amnesia?

I eyed him suspiciously.

Disturbing amusement flared in his brilliant brown eyes, "I think its time we called a truce."

"A ......truce?" I echoed uncertainly.

Just then Mariam appeared beaming behind a huge bouquet of flowers.

"Forgive me," It said on the card. Two high spots of colour flared over my cheekbones.

Forgive him? not if he crawled and begged for a million years!

"Last night I should have been a little more considerate, keeping in view the state you were in," Aahil gritted between clenched teeth.

"I don't need your sympathy, not when I am fine or nor when I am sick."

Aahil shifted his broad shoulders in a fluid shrug. He pulled a chair for me and only after I had made myself comfortable did he take a seat opposite to mine.

I picked up my knife and fork to embark on the first course of the meal. Somehow I did not want to look at him any more.

I preoccupied my gaze on the elaborately presented dish lying on the white linen table.

Aahil's phone vibrated and he looked at me.

"Go on, pick it up." I urged.

His facial expression changed to grim, "No, I don't want the media to be involved."

Silence.

"We will think of some solution."

Silence.

"The whole act took place in my private property so whether I intend to carry the case further or not depends solely on me," He replied with inborn confidence.

I was still looking at my plate but was listening to every word he spoke on the line.

"What? If Isaac continues to act stubborn and does not reveal anything then I cannot stop the police from using their might."

I dropped my cutlery in a noisy clatter.

My chin came up and with pained eyes, I muttered a No!