CH. 20 My addicting cocktail

Start from the beginning

“Nah, just got something on my mind.”

“Bet about your little guy. I mean, three out of four of our best players turned out gay, ain’t that funny?” Andrew sat down and pulled over the protection. “But hey, couldn’t give a damn about that, especially because I want to keep playing here and see the following day.”

He meant Sasha and what he would do in case someone had something to say about the current situation and before this, about River.

“Yeah, he would wipe your ass pretty nicely.” I winked and chuckled and someone slapped my neck.

“He’ll wipe your butt if you don’t get ready. You’re still in your jeans, Dima.” River was ready in his uniform and nodded to the other guys. “And he’ll wipe yours too, if you don’t play as he says.” He enjoyed toying with people’s emotions and weaknesses and I repressed a laugh when I caught my teammates’ face at the sound of his words. Sneaky bastard.

“I still wonder how that guy, Travis, can be around him like nothing…and kiss him like that. I mean, Alex is still the same intimidating and scary beast.” David said handling the stick. He was a second year dude, quite the right guy and clearly admiring our captain, but he sure still feared his hard side.

“What about me and Travis?” Asked the guy in question and us all turned to his intense and icy-blue eyes staring at us from his commanding stance. Yeah, Sasha had the typical and strong aura of the captain, he had the right charisma.

“Nothing mate, just saying your man is pretty awesome.” I offered him, seeing how David and Andrew had paled down. Sasha gave them a quick look and then smirked at me. Horny beast.

“My baby isn’t simply pretty awesome.” Another smirked and then his stared fixed on me and I knew he wanted to ask something, but he moved it to our teammates. “David, pair with River today, if you can remotely follow his pace, coach will let you play in the next game.”

“That’d be awesome, captain, thank you.” The face of the guy lit up like it was a Christmas tree.

“Hmm, I’ll enjoy taking care of you, Dave.” I sniggered at how David eyed River with gaping mouth. “Not in that way, you’re cute, but not my type. Andrew might be more my type.” And the guy in question almost fell from the bench. “You are all absolutely amusing, because you are so gullible, but must admit with great disappointment that it is too easy to make fun of you.” Sasha and I grinned; our friend was terrible.

“Now River, don’t tease the youngest. Andrew, follow them and then stick a bit to our bear here if you want to learn how to clash against opponents.”

“What about you, buddy? Taking it easy today?” I teased him, knowing he had his own training and new guys to take care of. He rolled his eyes and punched my arm.

“Get your ass ready and stop hanging like this in jeans.”

“Yiest.” I said in Russian and he chuckled.

The guys left with River and Hayden, who was assigned to train the new younger goalie, someone probably named something like Sean or Shaun or whatever the like. Sasha sat there while I changed and went straight to the point.

“How are things with that little idiot? Did you hear from him?” He meant Mr. grumpy-pants, Jasper’s friend. Man, the guy was lucky he had faced me and not my best buddy, because Sasha told me I had been far too nice to him. He would have punched him without even thinking once, I knew that.

“Nothing much changed. Jas said he tried to call him, I think to apologize, because Andy sent me a message and said he realized he did something stupid, but Jasper doesn’t want to talk to him right now and I am not going to force him, you know him, he needs his own time to digest everything.”