✔ Eighteen: "This can't be true."

Liv

The day seemed to be going by slowly and I was hesitant to talk to Mr Brown. I couldn't exactly tell him I was planning a trip to Canada and LA. I'd get questioned. On top of that, I hadn't exactly worked out how long I'd have to be away for.

Justin and I had finally worked out a plan. I was busy trying to sort my passport out, he was working on his letter to his mother and it was decided that it would be a good idea to take a selfie together with a recent newspaper so that the date and headline could be proof that I wasn't messing around about Justin being alive.

I still hadn't come to terms with the fact that my idol was alive and was living under my roof. Even calling him 'Justin' was weird to me. I guess I only called him 'Justin' when I was talking about his real life. It would grow on me over time, his real name. I just had to get used to calling him Justin because that was who he really was.

When my shift came to an end, I went to knock on the door to Mr Brown's office and I waited patiently for him to invite me in.

He was sitting at his desk, typing something on his computer.

"Olivia." He smiled at me, "How can I help you, young lady?"

"Hi, Mr Brown." I closed the door behind me. "I came to ask you for a favour."

"Okay?"

"I need to go away for a couple of days to sort some personal issues out. I might need a week off, maximum. Is it possible? It's really urgent." I rubbed my arm, nervous and afraid that maybe he'd say no.

"It's urgent."

"Yeah, I wish I could say what it's about, sir, but I can't. Not at the moment because things are still delicate. I wouldn't ask if I didn't really need to go."

"Well, if it's as important as you say... I suppose we could survive a week without you." He smiled.

"Thank you so much, Mr Brown. I'll be back before you know it."

"When do you leave?"

"I'm still waiting to hear about my passport and stuff. I'll let you know."

"You're leaving the country? It's that important, huh?"

"Yes."

"Will a week be enough, Liv? Don't you need a little more time?"

"I think a week should be enough, sir."

"Take a week and a half, at least. You can never be too sure."

I nodded.

"Someone must really need you if you're leaving the country so soon. I wish you all the best with whatever it is you're going to do." He said.

"Thank you, Mr Brown." I smiled, "I'm going home now. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye, Olivia."

I waved and left the room.

"You're going away?" Jocelyn had been standing outside her father's office.

"You were eavesdropping?"

"I was coming to bring my dad this jar so he could count the money and add that to our sales." She said, shaking the jar full of money. "When were you going to tell me, Liv?"

"When I popped in to your place like I do once a week."

"Where are you going?"

"To sort some personal stuff out. I can't tell you or anyone until I'm sure it's going to work out. I don't want to jinx it."