Quarter of an hour later, there was a knock at the door, and Lance and Hilton with a few other SCPD staff greeted me.

'I'm so sorry Aria,' Lance said, trying to give me professional empathy.

'He's in the bedroom,' I sniffled, tears still running down my face.

As they went to analyse the scene, I waited on the edge of my sofa, my muscles not willing to relax. I was so shook up, and I had left Marcus in anger without a proper goodbye. The last time I had seen him for good was when I had pure hatred for him. And I felt terrible for that.

The SCPD took another hour or so, and finally they emerged from the shadows, carrying a bag of evidence. They had already taken Marcus in a body bag, and so this bag was much less painful to look at. It contained a wooden post with a sharp end to it, red with blood.

'This was pretty well hidden,' Hilton told me. 'It's as if the killer really didn't want anyone to find it.'

'Well obviously they wouldn't,' I pointed out. 'But why hide it at the scene of the crime?'

'You tell me, Aria,' Hilton just commented, before whispering about something to Lance.

What did he mean by that? What was he trying to imply?

'Hey, Aria,' Lance approached me slowly.

'You're acting all secretive,' I narrowed my eyes. 'And shifty. You look... Worried. What is it, Lance?'

'The guys... They all think you're the killer,' Lance said quietly. 'So far, it looks like you punctured your boyfriend and tried to hide the evidence. There's no sign of a break in, and you do live in this apartment. But, I don't believe you could do such a thing.'

'It sure sounds like you do,' I raised my eyebrows. 'And why do you all think I could be that cold-blooded? I'm not a ruthless killer!'

'You have been in the past,' Lance argued. 'Remember when you saved the city from that Culebra gang? Even if it was for the good of the people, you've still killed before.'

'You really are fighting my corner, Detective,' I said sarcastically. 'I wouldn't kill Marcus. I couldn't. And I don't understand why you all think that I did! Clearly I'm upset about this whole thing, and you haven't even asked me about the incident.'

'I'm just trying to prepare you for when you're taken in for questioning,' Lance told me truthfully. 'Honestly, I think that someone's trying to set you up. I hope so anyway.'

'And you're correct,' I nodded confidently.

'Miss Coleman,' a voice I didn't recognise said behind me. 'I'm here on behalf of Mr Yates' murder case.'

I turned round to find a man looking at me with suspicious intent.

'Captain David Singh,' he shook my hand professionally. 'I'm from the CCPD.'

The Central City Police Department? Why were they now involved in the case? It wasn't like Marcus was that important. And a Captain? Surely they were taking this too seriously. I just wanted to know who the murderer was, and prove to them that it wasn't me.

'You came here, all the way from Central City, for this case?' I asked him surprisedly.

'The SCPD wanted someone disassociated with you and your coworkers to take over the case, and because I happened to be visiting this city, I was called here.'