I just sat there and tried to see the questions as best I could, I got on with the work quietly even though I couldn’t see properly. I could see Luke struggling with the work, which was funny.

The bell went and I grabbed all my books and quickly shoved them into my bag and ran out of the classroom. I walked as fast as I could into the changing rooms avoiding Luke. I walked over to James and Andrew in the changing rooms. James was my only best friend but I had a few other friends who shared my hatred for Luke. I started to get changed when I was interrupted my James.

“Holy fuck man, was that Luke?” James shouted pointing to my back, the bruise from last night was obviously starting to show.

I didn’t say anything; I just quickly put my PE top on and walked out of the changing rooms. I walked into the gym and joined the rest of the class.

“Ah Jai, seeing as you’re the only one I’d trust a new student with would you please look after the new student today, her name is Georgia Davis” The PE teacher told me, I looked around, most of the class were still getting changed, it was only Luke and his friends apart from me, that explained it.

I looked at Georgia, woah she was hot. She was medium height, skinny and tanned. She had brown hair that was in a messy bun and huge blue eyes. She smiled at me when she saw me looking at her, I smiled back. She then walked over to me, seriously was this real, she was hot; girls always went for Luke rather than me.

“Hi, I’m Georgia” She said shyly

“I’m Jai” I smiled back at her, maybe my life was getting better.

The PE teacher said we could do whatever we wanted to do this lesson and then disappeared into the office.

“So what’s your sport?” I asked her

“High jump and running” She told me “You?”

“Tennis, but I can run too”

She laughed; I didn’t think it was funny

“Really, I’d never have guessed you could run” She laughed “Let’s go onto the field” She suggested.

She grabbed my arm and led me outside onto the field, there were a few people running around the track, but she led me to a quiet corner on the field and sat down.

“Come on Jai, sit; I want to make my first friend in this place” She said, I sat down reluctantly.

“So tell me about yourself” She said, I wasn’t really paying attention, I was looking over her shoulder to where Luke was with his friends glaring at me. Georgia noticed me looking behind her and turned around.

“Who’s that?” She asked meaning Luke

“My brother Luke” I told her

“Oh I saw him earlier; he seemed a bit full of himself”

“You have a good judge of character” I laughed

“Are you twins or something?”

“Yeah, do we really look that similar?”

“A little, but he seems like an idiot, you on the other hand seem different, you seem nice” She told me

“Thanks” I said

“So what’s the deal with you two?” She asked turning to look at me

“Er we’re twins, we don’t get on, he always gets everything he wants and bullies me 24/7” I said picking bits of grass and pulling them apart. “What about you, what brings you to Penola?” I asked