Chapter 21

Last time: The shop they walked into was a cacophony of sounds from snake hisses, kitten meows, bird calls, dog barks, and a bunch of other animal sounds from the many magical and nonmagical animals. The sounds made Aidan flinch due to his sensitive hearing.

After taking a minute for Aidan to get used to the noise, Draco guided Aidan towards the center of the store before allowing Aidan to let his magic guide him.

It took him down one aisle and a turned corner before he made it to the-

It took Aidan down one aisle and a turned corner before he made it to the four-legged animal section. He followed the pull until he stopped right before a cage with what sounded like a wolf cub padding along the inside of it. The magic circulating throughout the animal made it out to be about knee height.

Aidan knelt down and let his hand rest on the cage so that the animal could sniff it.

"Aidan, do you know what that is?" Draco said as he saw Aidan start to feel around for a latch.

"Well I would but the whole blind thing is kind of working against me on this one," Aidan stated dryly as he finally found the latch and opened the door for the animal that was to become his familiar. He gasped as the wolf-like creature nipped his hand hard enough to draw blood before lapping it up and barking.

"That's a Cù-Sith. I wonder how the owner of this shop found one. They usually stay with the fairies." Draco said, his voice sounding shocked.

"Can you describe how my new familiar looks?" Aidan asked petting him. The wolf-like animal barked and snuggled into his hand, happy to get out of the cage and to have a bonded familiar.

"It is about knee height and has shaggy white hair with glowing green eyes. Its tail is braided back but is still pretty long." Draco said trying to take in all the detail he could for his blind boyfriend.

"Thanks. Now all I need is a name. Do you have a name young one?" Harry asked, deciding to try and see if it already had a name.

My name in my original language is Chridhe. It means heart, but I would like to have a new name thanks to having an owner.

"You can speak to me?" Aidan asked shocked.

Of course, I can. I am your familiar. That's why I bit you and took some of your blood. As the bond grows, you should even be able to see through my eyes occasionally and even hear through me. You know you could just talk to me through the bond without speaking out loud.

"Sorry. That's going to take me awhile to get used to." Aidan spoke sheepishly through the bond.

"I know, I'll call you... Wait. Are you male or female?"

I am male.

"Great. I'll call you Cor. It means heart as well, but in Latin." Aidan said thinking about the name.

I like it. Thank you for my new name. Now I can feel how powerful you are, and you need to have another familiar. I can't help to control all of it. We need another.

Aidan nodded to let his familiar know that he understood before turning to Draco and saying, "Come on Draco. We need to find your familiars and, I also apparently need to find another familiar since Cor can't handle all of my power."

Draco agreed and they set out to find their familiars.

Draco was the next to find his familiar. He led Aidan to a cage a little farther back inside the cats section.

He stopped in front of the cage and read the info tag aloud for Aidan's benefit.

"Snow leopard. These rare, beautiful gray leopards live in the mountains of Central Asia. They are insulated by thick hair and their wide, fur-covered feet act as natural snowshoes. They have powerful legs and are tremendous leapers, able to jump as far as 15 meters."

Aidan nodded in acknowledgment of what Draco did for him.

"Hello there," Draco added as he mimicked Aidan by kneeling down and letting the snow leopard cub sniff and then nip his hand. It was a silver white colour with black spots and the brightest glowing blue eyes ever seen.

Hello! It said excitedly as the bond snapped into place.

"Hello, little one. Do you have a name or should I think of one for you?"

I don't have a name. I would love for you to think of a name for me. I am female.

"Ok. I will call you... Regina. Because you are the queen in my life. My most important player in my heart and on my chessboard." Draco decided.

"As long as you continue to be my King, we shall have no problems," Aidan added wrapping his arm around Draco's waist.

You need to find another familiar. You have too much power for me to be able to control. Just follow the bond and it should take you to your next familiar.

"It looks like you're not the only one who needs a second familiar, Aidan."

"Ha. That's hilarious. Come on, let's see if we can find our familiars in the rest of the store." Aidan said taking Draco's hand and gesturing for him to lead them onwards.

As luck would have it, they both managed to find their familiars together. They both felt a connection inside the fox section of the store. Their familiars were obviously going to be mates and were curled up and entwined one on top of another.

As Aidan and Draco crouched down to repeat what they had done with their other familiars, the two shadow foxes untwined and scampered towards their owners. They were still young at only six months old, not yet old enough to mate, but still old enough to not be considered cubs anymore.

Aidan's shadow fox was more of a silver colour with bright blue-silver eyes while Draco's shadow fox was pitch black and had an almost emerald green colour for its eyes.

Aidan and Draco went through the bonding process again before finally deciding on the names Lerato for Draco's male shadow fox and Anima for Harry's female shadow fox, both meaning soul.

After talking to the owner and paying for all the things needed to take care of their familiars, they apparated home.

~

"Aidan!" Tom called when he saw Draco and Aidan home with their new familiars. "I need to talk to you about something you wanted me to do for you."

Understanding dawned on Aidan's face and he made his excuses before he quickly made his way to his father's side.

After they made it to Tom's office with Lucius, whom they picked up on the way, Tom started to speak. "Now, before I give you what you asked for so that Lucius can approve, I wanted to ask you if you would do something for me."

"What do you want me to do Dad?" Aidan said, settling into a chair near what he assumed was the fireplace from the heat he was feeling on his right.

"When you were taken from me, they also took off the necklace that was given to you as a baby. I had had it put into the vault on a pedestal simply because I couldn't have it near me to remind me of what I had lost.

"When I went out looking for that thing you wanted me to get for Draco, I had the goblins pull it out of the vault as well as layer it in more protective charms and to make sure that no one but you could take it off.

"So now I'm asking if you would put it back on for me. I'd like to see you wear the necklace that you were supposed to grow up with." Tom finished, his voice sounding shaky and hesitant.

"I'd love to! I always wondered what happened to that necklace." Aidan said, happy that Tom was accepting him as his son fully. "Now about that gift for Draco..."

Tom opened his drawer and pulled out-

AN: Hey everyone!! I'm alive!! I'm on break so i have time to type. For those following my other story, hopefully i'll get a chance to update that one as well but no promises. For those wondering what's going to happen to Fawkes, i have an idea for him and maybe i'll use it for the next chapter.