Chapter 12

“Okay.” Harry said once they stopped walking, making him assume that they had reached the goblin’s office. “What do I have to do in order to claim my inheritance?”

“All you have to do is take out your wand and repeat after me.” The goblin said from somewhere to Harry’s right where he could only see a haze of magic, probably because the goblins weren’t human.

After Harry took out his wand, the goblin began. “I _insert your full name here_ do hereby claim all Lord and heir rings that belong to me and have been withheld, either legally or illegally, from me. I also decree that from now and until I approve of them, no one will be able to access any accounts under my name using any previous permission of approval either by note or by key. I also require all keys to my accounts to be given back as well as a note saying who had them and why.”

After repeating everything that the goblin said, Harry saw a huge flash of magic come from the desk and could see faint hazy images of what he assumed to be keys as well as bright, clearly distinct images of rings. There were eight rings total and thirty-two keys.

“What the-!” Draco exclaimed looking at all the keys.

“How in the world am I going to carry around so many keys?” Harry said shocked at the amount of keys that showed up at the table.

“Before we get to the keys, let’s make sure that the rings accept him as lord of the house or, in the case of Lord Riddle here, heir. All you have to do is put them on. The magic will either accept you or not.”
“And if it doesn’t?” Draco asked curiously.

“Let’s just hope that you won’t find out.” The goblin said with a malicious smirk on his face.

Draco gulped and hoped within hope that he would never find out in his life.

“Let’s first start with the heir rings because they usually take a little less out of you than the lord rings.” The goblin said and the three humans agreed.

“First up, the Slytherin heir rings.” It said handing Harry the ring and telling him to put it on his left pointer finger.

As he did so, he saw a flash of light and he felt the magic around the ring change to accept him. It did the same with the Riddle heir ring as well.

Then something strange, to Harry at least, happened. The two glowing spots where the heir rings were on his finger, melded together and became one ring.

“I’m guessing that since no one freaked out, that was supposed to happen?” Harry questioned looking at the spots were magic was traveling throughout two different bodies.

“Yes. Rings of the same kind will always attract each other so that your hand isn’t laden down with rings.

“Now the lord rings, we’ll start with the Evans ring as it is yours two different ways, by both birth and by blood adoption. Now you will put this one on your left middle finger. This is where all your lord rings will go.”

After the goblin stopped talking, Harry slipped on the glowing thing he assumed was a ring onto his left middle finger. The magic flashed around him before settling. This happened again with the other five rings before they all flashed and melded together to make one ring.

“May I present to you Lord Aidan Salazar Riddle, lord to the houses Potter, Black, Evans, Gryffindor, Emrys, Le Fey; heir to the Houses Riddle and Slytherin.”