Harry’s POV

“Why are you locking your room door? Are you trying to keep me locked up in here as your sex slave or what? Either way I’m not complaining” I called from the bed as I watched her.

“You know me better than I expected. Give me a sec, I need to find those handcuffs” she joked while walking around her room gracefully. I have yet not found a flaw on her.

“Oh, so you’re into that type of dominatrix shit?” I said with a smirk, playing along. I watched as her face sparked up.

I’ve always been the dominant one in relationships but I don’t know about London. They always say the sweetest ones are always the naughtiest.

“Of course babe, I have a whip, a couple of leashes, along with some choke holders” she said and I could already imagine it.

“Fuck…there’s nothing sexier than a women that is submissive” I said while bringing my bottom lip between my teeth.

She laughed at me and turned the TV off before getting under the covers of the bed. The whole room was encased in darkness despite the faint luminous glow casting from the window. She rested on her side and I dragged her into my chest; us being in a spooning position. My legs entwined with her own while my arm rested on her waist. Our two bodies placed against each other gave off contented warmth and the sweet smell of vanilla lingered off her body.

“Goodnight Harry” her soft voice murmured in front of me.

“Goodnight and sweet dreams babe” I said from behind her, leaving a kiss on her bare shoulder.

I slowly began to doze off before she spoke.

“Harry?” she called.

“Yes babe?” I asked.

“I forgot to tell you this but I hope your fingers feel better by the morning” she said.

“Thank you”

Her voice held so much sincerity—something I haven’t in anyone’s voice in years towards me.

I guess it’s the simple fact that she woke up out of her sleep to wish for my fingers to feel better before morning that got me.

She cares and that’s something I’ve never had majority of my life.

I used to have this picture perfect life with my mum, dad, and older sister but that ended quickly before I could remember. I was around six years old when my parents got into this huge divorce. I was too young and naive to even realize what was happening between them. During this whole divorce, my mother wanted custody of us as well as my father. It was two of us so the judge granted them each to have one child and obviously my father took custody of me. I never saw my mother or sister after that again.

It was fun and whatnot living with my father but that vanished as he began dating this skank Veronica when I was nine. She used to be sweet and fun but that whole personality went away as soon as they got married. Behind closed doors, she was a ruthless bitch towards me. She would constantly taunt me about how no one will ever care about me and as you begin to hear it so much, you begin to believe it.

“Oh just shut the fuck and stop crying you little baby” Veronica said while looking down at me in disgust as I cried.

“I can see why your own mother doesn’t want you! You’re ugly!”

“That’s not true, she loves me” I defied.

“Harry, you’re so in denial. If your mother loved you so much she would have fought harder to gain back custody of you! But hey look! She didn’t! She hasn’t even called you in the past year or sent you anything!” she said while throwing her overly tanned arms in the air.

“But my da—”I started but she cut me off.

“What loves you? Just stop before you make me start laughing. When was the last time your father actually spent time with you besides when he beats you” she sneered.

“He only beats me because you make up lies about me to him!”

“Yeah, but doesn’t that show a lot? That your own father would believe someone they just meant not even a year ago over their own goddamn child” she shouted.

“Just leave me alone!” I screamed and she smiled.

“Awe is little Hazza getting mad?” she cooed.

“Don’t call me that” I said while speaking through clenched teeth

“What? Hazza? Is it because your pathetic mother used to call you that?”

I glared at her.

“Well, I have better things to do than to waste my precious time on you” she said while walking towards my bedroom door.

“I’m locking the door from the outside so you won’t be able to come out. When your father arrives home, I’ll let you out”

“But he won’t be back until two days from now” I said while looking at her.

“And?” she said with annoyance.

“How will I eat?”

“You’ll survive” she said before slamming my room door shut.

I used to go days without eating or bathing when my father wasn’t around. I was a prisoner in my own house. During those days in my room I actually took time to think. I came to the conclusion that all that Veronica said was true and will always be.

My mother never called nor sent me anything in years and here I loved someone who didn’t love me back. I was living in a house where I was neglected.

The only time I was let out of that dungeon was for school and it was the only time I was able to eat.

I used to recall my father commenting on my sudden decrease in weight but I would shrug it off because in all honesty he didn’t give a fuck. All he cared about was his damn wife.

Fast forward to when I was thirteen years old, I ran away for good. I stole about two thousand dollars from my father and hoped on a plane to the US and from there on I found my way to California. I recalled having family there and that’s where I meant my uncle Paul took me in gladly. I lived with him but I was very distant towards any communication with him and his wife. I could see the sad looks in his eyes when I neglected him as he tried to talk.

Anyways, here in California is where I meant Louis, Niall, Liam, and Zayn. They took me into their gang and that’s when I finally felt like I had people close to me that I could consider family. They were there for me through thick and thin and I was there for them as well. It’s sad to know that you could develop a relationship with people you don’t know than your own family.

Now the girl right beside me is someone who I’ve known for not even a month. Yet she means more to me than anyone else in the world right now.