Chapter 2 || Collide

Start from the beginning

“Hello there, pretty.”

She stopped in her tracks when a black car parked along the sidewalk she was on, and out came two drunken foreigners. Both were medium built and muscled.

“Leaving so soon?” One of the men asked giving her a wicked smile. She felt a shiver building up. Her heart is beating fast now.

“You know,” said the other man. “We’re quite new here. Would you be so kind to show us around?” He placed an arm on her shoulder which made her jump.

Hindi na maganda ‘to. She said to herself. I have to get away from here!

“You’re a pretty lass, aren’t you?” the first man said holding her chin up for a better view of her face. She looked away and squirmed to free herself from the second man’s hold.

“Ooh, feisty.” The first man said. “I like that in a woman.”

They laughed mockingly. Karylle’s fear shooted up. Oh please, let me get pass this. She uttered in silence.

“Babe!”

All three looked at the one who called. Karylle’s eyes widened in recognition. Vice? What is he doing here?

“Sorry, I’m late. Traffic.” Vice said as he neared them. “Are they your friends?” he said with a fake smile plastered on his face as he addressed the two men. “Hi, I’m the boyfriend. Thanks for keeping her company but if you don’t mind, I’d like my girl back.”

“Is he really your boyfriend?” the second man asked mockingly, eyeing Vice from head to foot.

“No.”

Karylle’s answer was but a whisper but it reached Vice’s hearing like a bomb.

“Keep dreaming, Mister.”

Both men laughed sarcastically as the first one stole a kiss on Karylle’s cheek.

“Eh loko pala’ng mga ‘to eh?” Vice said before letting a punch land on the first man’s face. The man stumbled but regained balance. Now both men are heading towards Vice.

Everything happened so fast. Punches flew, men growled as rain poured heavily. It’s like a pit fight. Karylle was in panic when she saw Vice dropped on the pavement after rendering the two chauvinists unconscious.

“Vice!” she ran towards him in time to catch his fall. He was bruised. There was blood streaming down the corner of his mouth mixing with the rain drops on his face.

“Karylle.” He said cupping her face, his voice void of all emotion. “Okay ka lang ba? Wala bang ibang ginawa ang mga ‘to sa ‘yo?”

“I… I’m okay.” She replied.

“Halika na.” he said and took hold of her wrist. “Ihahatid na kita.”