It's My Life

By the time Jason dropped me off, the full moon was shining brightly in the night sky. The pre-Jason Eve would've been freaking out about coming back so late, but the new and improved Eve didn't want the night to end.

"Can I see you tomorrow?" He asked as he opened the door for me. ¡Qué caballero!

"I'd love that!" I smiled.

"Until tomorrow..." He gently kissed my lips.

"Adiós." I sighed as he got back in his car.

I walked into the building and was immediately confronted by Tara.

"Eve, do you realize what time it is?" She asked, her hands on her hips.

"Tú no eres mi madre!"

"No, but I am!" I turned around to see my mother and father both looking very upset. What were they doing here. I looked accusingly at Tara.

"Sorry Eve, I was worried about you. What else was I suppose to do?" She said sheepishly.

"Métase en sus asuntos." I sneered.

"You did the right thing Tara!" My mother smiled at her.

"Sorry." She whispered again before going back to her room.

"What do you think you're doing? Gallivanting with some common street thug. ¿No tienen vergüenza?"

"Yes, I would hate to ruin you reputation mother." I said sarcastically.

"No hables con tu madre de esa manera." My father spoke for the first time. "Ahora disculpas."

"No!" I said defiantly.

"No?" He asked, clearly shocked.

"I have done nothing wrong, so I won't apologize!" I shouted.

"Evi, what has gotten in to you? This boy is una mala influencia."

"You don't know anything about him!" I spat. This was my life and I could be with whom ever I saw fit.

"You will not see him again! Yo no lo permitirá!" My mother said seriously.

"Yes I will! And you can't stop me!" I screamed.

"Estás malgastando tu vida! You will do as we say, Evita!" My father threatened.

"Or what?" I challenged.

"Estefan, do something!" My mother was having a hard time dealing with the fact that I was standing up for myself for once.

"No me importa lo que usted dice. This is my life and I love him!" I heard my mother gasp as I ran back out the door. I pulled out my phone and called Jason.

"Miss me already?" He chuckled when he answered.

"Jay, can you come pick me up?"

"Sure mami, what's wrong?" The concern in his voice touched me.

"Mis padres! My parents!"

"I'll be there in five minutes."

He pulled up shortly and I quickly got in. As we drove by, I saw the shocked faces of my parents as they were about to get into their limo.

"Is that them?" Jason asked, noticing their eyes following us. I confirmed his suspicions. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not right now." I was too upset to talk about my parents, and I didn't want to waste time with this perfect man by thinking unhappy thoughts. He drove for half an hour before we arrived at an apartment complex. He stopped the car and walked around to open my door. We held hands all the way to apartment 175.